John Lennon: Gimme Some Truth - The Making of Imagine
|You Save:||$2.20 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Best of Lennon and McCartney for Acoustic Guitar ~ $23.94
- Dick Cavett Show - John Lennon and Yoko Ono Collection (2-DVD) ~ $7.98 (Save 64%)
- by John Lennon ~ Classic Albums: Plastic Ono Band ~ $9.57
- John Lennon - Imagine: John Lennon (Deluxe Edition) ~ $14.24
- The U.S. vs. John Lennon ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Interview with John & Yoko
- English Subtitles
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 20, 2000
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Capitol
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Production Interviews: John Lennon - Star, Yoko Ono - Star
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Products:
- 8 Page Booklet (containing rare photographs)
- Crippled Inside
- Oh Yoko!
- Jealous Guy
- It's So Hard
- I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier Mama
- Gimme Some Truth
- Oh My Love
- How Do You Sleep'
- Film Credits
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Yoko Ono & John Lennon|
|Featured:||George Harrison, Phil Spector, Jim Keltner, Klaus Voormann, Julian Lennon, Alan White & Nicky Hopkins|
|Directed by||Andrew Solt, John Lennon & Yoko Ono|
|Executive Production by||Yoko Ono|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Imagine wasn't John Lennon's first solo album, but it was the work that clearly affirmed his place as one of the foremost pop music visionaries of his day. This video uses behind-the-scenes footage to document the making of one of Lennon's most enduring works. The album itself also appears in newly remastered form - as approved by Yoko Ono.
With the release of John Lennon's IMAGINE, the world was blessed with another work of brilliance from the former Beatles member. Featuring such hits as "Imagine," "How Do You Sleep'" "Jealous Guy," and "Gimme Some Truth," IMAGINE found the 30-year-old Lennon maturing even further as an artist, and embracing a hopefulness that was due in large part to his relationship with Yoko Ono. While writing and recording the legendary album in the private studio of their Ascot, England, mansion, the couple allowed Andrew Solt to film the production. In addition to illuminating footage of the artist at work, GIMME SOME TRUTH also contains several scenes of non-musical footage, including a celeb-studded New York party and a BBC interview from that era. A must-see for Lennon fanatics, GIMME SOME TRUTH provides insight into the highly enigmatic relationship between Lennon and Ono, yet it also works as a fascinating portal into the grueling, but rewarding, songwriting process itself.
- 2.Crippled Inside
- 3.Jealous Guy
- 4.Don't Count the Waves
- 5.It's So Hard
- 6.Mrs. Lennon
- 7.I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier
- 8.Power to the People
- 9.Gimme Some Truth
- 10.Oh My Love
- 11.How Do You Sleep?
- 13.Oh Yoko!
Behind The Scenes | Documentary | Music (General) | Pop / Rock | Pop Vocal | Rock | Rock And Roll | Rock Documentaries | Rock Legends | Rock Music | Rock Musicians
- Filmed during the IMAGINE recording sessions, July 1971.
- Acclaimed avant-garde filmmaker Jonas Mekas filmed the New York party footage, which includes appearances by Andy Warhol, Jack Nicholson, Miles Davis, and many more.
- The entire 35-minute BBC interview is included on the DVD release.
Beatles - Unauthorized / Fun With The Fab Four (DVD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE