- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 28, 2011
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Archival Video Interviews with Director Louis Malle, Novelist Raymond Queneau, Actress Catherine Demongeot, and Screenwriter Jean-Paul Rappeneau
- New Audio Interview with Director and Photographer William Klein, Artistic Consultant on the Film
- Le Paris de Zazie, a 2005 Video piece featuring Assistant Director Philippe Collin
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Plus: A booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Ginette Vincendeau
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...an elaborate French exercise in cinematic Dadaism."
- Bosley Crowther, THE NEW YORK TIMES (11/21/1961)
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2011
"[ZAZIE DANS LE METRO] seems the indisputable starting-point of the Swinging 60s, and a particular influence on the films of Richard Lester and The Beatles."
On a visit to her Parisian transvestite uncle, boisterous, vulgar Zazie proves even more outlandish than he. Her adolescent pranks and wide-open mind make for circus-like adventures reminiscent of Curious George and Madeline, and all are rendered with affectionate madness.
A sassy young girl embarks on a madcap Parisian adventure when she visits her transvestite uncle and takes a raucous sightseeing tour of the city. In true slapstick fashion, she encounters various nutty characters and unusual situations, culminating in a food fight in a cafe.
Big City |
Kids Adventure |
- Copyright 1962, Nouvelles Editions de Films.