- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 6, 2004
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 01/27/1995
"...[Sarandon is] fine at this work -- she's always fine..."
New York Times - 01/06/1995
"...[Ms. Sarandon delivers] a deft portrayal....Her performance has just the right note of fervor..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/23/1994
"...Sarandon is excellent..."
When all Mag Singer's seven sons, except for one, grow up and leave the nest, she discovers that her life holds no meaning beyond her children. Her inventor/husband, Patrick, increasingly isolates himself in his office, occasionally going blind due to an unknown stress-related illness. One night, Mag awakens terrified from a dream that one of her children is in danger. The next day, she is informed that her son, Percival, a marine stationed in Sinai, may have been killed by a terrorist bomb. During the seemingly endless wait for the military to identify Percival's body, the Singer sons return home to offer solace. At this tragic reunion, each person begins to face his unhappy past, and individual pain slowly changes into strong family love.
Family Interaction |
Tear Jerker |
- Shot in DeLuxe color; Film House prints. Produced by Pacific Western.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Additional Credits: Michal Bigger (Make-Up); Peg Schierholz (Hairstylist); Glory Fioramonti (Stunt Co-ordinator).