- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 01/15/1996
"...It is handsome throughout, the integration of live actors with the virtual sets seamless..."
The sequel to the 1992 hit movie. At the end of that film, Jobe, the computer-enhanced genius, was presumed dead. But he is brought back to life by Jonathan Walker, a nefarious businessman, who wants Jobe to create a special computer chip. This chip would connect all the computers in the world into one network, which Walker would control and use for evil purposes.
What Walker doesn't know is that a group of plucky teenage hackers are on to him, and out to stop his plan. But perhaps the kids should concentrate on Jobe, who is developing his own vile scheme to take over the world.
Computer Animation |
- Released theatrically in the USA January 12, 1996. The film grossed $2.4 million domestically.
- Shot in Panavision; color by Consolidated Film Industries.
- Additional cast: Camille Cooper (Jennifer).
- Additional credit: Butch Kaplan (executive producer).
- A CD-ROM version of the film was produced at the same time as the movie.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.