- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2012
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Diane Disney Miller: remembering Dad
- Puppypedia: going to the dogs
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.55
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 12/19/1986
"...The carefully plotted LADY AND THE TRAMP uses a simple story to explore complex emotions....The animation itself is wonderfully polished..."
Premiere - 03/01/2006
"[T]he movie wistfully reflects upon a long-lost era of American innocence and features one of cinema's most romantic scenes..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/03/2006
"LADY was the first animated feature filmed in CinemaScope..." -- Grade: A
New York Times - 02/28/2006
"[T]he most hopeful and emotionally mature of Disney's fables."
Based on Ward Greene's short story "Happy Dan, The Whistling Dog," this feature is the romantic adventure of a pedigreed Cocker Spaniel and a freedom-loving mongrel from the wrong side of the tracks.
Disney Film |
Essential Cinema |
Family (General) |
- Theatrical Release: 1955.
Rereleased 1962, 1971, 1980, and 1986.
- LADY AND THE TRAMP is the 15th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures.
- This was the first Disney animated film to use Cinemascope, requiring animators to draw some scenes twice--one in Cinemascope and once in the regular Full-Frame aspect ratio.