Music From M Squad / Music From Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer
by Various Artists
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$11.03 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.94 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Soundtrack ~ Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) ~ $8.48
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
These two albums, with hard-hitting '50s-style Jazz scores, are the soundtracks to two of the most successful TV detective shows of their day. On the "M Squad" album, the orchestra is conducted by Stanley Wilson; arrangements are by Benny Carter, John T. Williams, and Pete Carpenter; The "M Squad Theme" was composed by Count Basie; other tracks composed by Johnny Williams, Benny Carter, and Stanley Wilson. The music on the "Mike Hammer" album was composed by Dave Kahn and Melvyn Lenard, and includes musicians Ted Nash, Cappy Lewis, Frank Rosolino, Bud Shank and others.
- 1.M Squad Theme
- 2.The Chase
- 3.The Search
- 4.Phantom Raiders
- 5.Lonely Beat
- 6.The Juke Box
- 7.The Mugger
- 8.The Discovery
- 9.The Late Spot
- 10.The Cha-Cha Club
- 11.A Lady Sings The Blues
- 12.The End
- 13.Riff Blues (Theme)
- 14.Corn Pone Woman
- 15.Coffee House
- 16.Bad Guys
- 17.Black Night
- 18.Back Home
- 19.Night Crowd
- 20.Summer Mood
- 21.Like Mike
- 22.Morning After
- 23.Lenox Avenue Strut
- 24.Hammer Blow
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE MUSIC FROM M SQUAD (1959)/THE MUSIC FROM MICKEY SPILLANE'S MIKE HAMMER (1959).
THE MUSIC FROM M SQUAD arranged by Benny Carter, John T. Williams and Pete Carpenter. THE MUSIC FROM MICKEY SPILLANE'S MIKE HAMMER composed by Dave Kahn and Melvyn Lenard.
Originally released on RCA (2062) & RCA (2140). Includes liner notes by Lee Marvin and Mickey Spillane.
Arrangers: Pete Carpenter; Skip Martin ; Benny Carter .
This CD is a smart idea, combining two top-notch jazz soundtracks from television on one disc. The M Squad material, featuring the music of Count Basie, Benny Carter, and Johnny Williams (later better known as John Williams, the Jaws/Star Wars composer), holds up somewhat better than the Mike Hammer material, but all of it is among the best jazz soundtrack material written for television during the 1950s, in many ways several steps above and ahead of the famed Peter Gunn soundtrack, which was the big hit in the field. Collectables' disc is less expensive than either of the imported versions of the individual soundtrack CDs from RCA's European branch, and the sound is just as good. ~ Bruce Eder
Barney KesselBreakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin... (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Edwin AstleyThe Saint / Secret Agent (Music from the TV Series) (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 090431280928
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Soundtracks Music Categories:
- 1789 Les Amants De La Bastille 1789: Les Amants de la Bastille (CD) ~ $17.07 LABOR DAY
- Abraham Lass Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD) ~ $16.89 LABOR DAY
- Tree Adams Reach Me (CD) ~ $10.79 LABOR DAY
- Mark Adler Merchants of Doubt (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD) ~ $16.67 LABOR DAY
- Adrian Johnston Becoming Jane (CD) ~ $9.18
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY