- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 12, 2011
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Shout Factory Theatr
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio commentary with producer Paul Maslansky
- Survival Run - A look at the challenges of adapting the celebrated novel with co-screenwriter Alan Sharp
- Road to Hell - Producer Jerome Zeitman details the process of making the film and the difficulties encountered along the way
- Landmaster Tales - A detailed examination of the now-famous Landmaster vehicle from the film with stunt coordinator and car designer Dean Jeffries
- Theatrical trailer and tv spot
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A group of survivors travel across the desolate landscape of nuclear war torn America in search of other human beings. Among other equally unpleasant things, they must defend themselves against giant cockroaches and deformed outlaws.
Two air force officers are stuck in the middle of the mushroom cloud that signals the start of World War III. The film advances several years: there aren't many survivors in the desert, so the two officers try to hike to Albany, NY, which has mysteriously survived the armageddon. On the way, they encounter the typical remainders of the fallout: giant cockroaches, nuclear-enhanced weather, and the occasional destitute survivor.
- The film was moved back over a year from its original release date due to production and release problems.
- Shot in DeLuxe color.