- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Section 23
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Japanese
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Japanese Trailer
- ADV Previews
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A renegade band of techno-mercenaries armed with GUNHED, a 30-foot battle robot, launch an insurrection into a remote island controlled by a computer bent on world domination. The fate of all humanity is at stake in this sci-fi action thriller.
Description by ADV Films:
In 2025, the Khyron 5 Super Computer declared war on the world. The Allied Forces then attacked Khyron's base on island 8JO. Nobody won, so 13 years later a small team of techno bandits and a lone Texas Air Ranger are about to land on 8JO. Get ready for the ultimate cyber rumble!
The future looks dark.
Early in the next millennium, a corporation known as the Cybotec Company will open the doors to a top-secret facility on an island off the Asian continent.
This automated building, which is controlled by an artificially intelligent supercomputer named "Khyron 5," will produce a highly advanced breed of robots. But something devastating will happen on July 8th, 2025...
That's the date Khyron 5 will bow to its aggressive microchips -- and declare war against humanity!
Big Battles |
Robots / Cyborgs |
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- English version.
- In Stereo Surround sound.