Cabaret [Jay Soundtrack] (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$4.30 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Various Artists ~ Cabaret: The New Broadway Cast Recording (1998 Broadway Revival) ~ $9.18
- by Jill Hayworth ~ Cabaret [Original Broadway Cast] [Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.18
- by Soundtrack ~ Cabaret [Original Sound Track Recording] ~ $7.09
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: February 9, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Jay Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Jonathan Pryce, Michael Cantwell, Nicholas Colicos, Kate Copstick, Jackie Crawford, Dominic CurtisWillkommen
- 2.Judi DenchSo What
- 3.Maria Friedman, Louise Gold, Gay Soper, Claire Moore, Jacqueline Dankworth, Caroline O'ConnorDon't Tell Mama
- 4.Gregg Edelman, Michael Cantwell, Nicholas Colicos, Kate Copstick, Jackie Crawford, Dominic CurtisTelephone Dance
- 5.Maria Friedman, Gregg EdelmanPerfectly Marvellous
- 6.Jonathan Pryce, Louise Gold, Claire MooreTwo Ladies
- 7.Fred Ebb, Judi DenchIt Could Not Please Me More
- 8.German Youth, MenTomorrow Belongs To Me
- 9.Gregg Edelman, Maria FriedmanWhy Should I Wake Up?
- 10.Jonathan Pryce, Louise Gold, Gay Soper, Claire Moore, Jacqueline Dankworth, Caroline O'Connor...Sitting Pretty
- 11.Fred Ebb, Judi DenchMarried
- 12.NSO, John Owen EdwardsFruit Shop Dance
- 13.Fred Ebb, Maria Friedman, Michael Cantwell, Nicholas Colicos, Kate Copstick, Jackie CrawfordMeeskite
- 14.Caroline O'Connor, Marcus Allen Cooper, Michael Cantwell, Nicholas Colicos, Kate CopstickTomorrow Belongs To Me (Reprise)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.NSO, John Owen EdwardsEntr'acte
- 2.NSO, John Owen EdwardsKick Line
- 3.Fred EbbMarried (Reprise)
- 4.Jonathan PryceIf You Could See Her
- 5.Judi DenchWhat Would You Do?
- 6.Gregg Edelman, Maria FriedmanSally's Revolt
- 7.Maria FriedmanCabaret
- 8.Maria Friedman, Gregg EdelmanBreak Up
- 9.Gregg Edelman, Jonathan Pryce, Fred Ebb, Judi Dench, Maria Friedman, Kate Copstick, Jackie CrawfordFinale Ultimo
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Claire Moore, John Mark Ainsley, Gregg Edelman, Louise Gold, Maria Friedman, Fred Ebb, Jonathan Pryce, Caroline O'Connor (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Rexton S. Bunnett.
Recording information: EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (06/29/1993-12/03/1993).
Photographer: Clive Barda.
One of the classics of the Broadway theater, Cabaret explores the German nightlife in 1930s Nazi Germany. The focus is on three separate couples and a troupe of nightclub performers, led by one devastating and compelling emcee. The music is enchanting and uninhibited, and the score features several classics including "Don't Tell Mama," "Tomorrow Belongs to Me," "Money," and the titular "Cabaret." Cabaret first opened in 1966 in New York to radiant reviews and ran for 1,165 performances. The film version, released in 1972, only served to bolster an already awed audience's reaction by altering the musical to suit lead Liza Minnelli's strengths. This various-artists compilation, released in 1999, features several unique performances, including Judi Dench as Fraulein Schneider and Fred Ebb (who co-wrote the musical) as Herr Schultz. For fans of the show, it would be a great addition to their collection. ~ Sarah Erlewine
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!