Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 7, 2011
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Outrageous deleted scenes including Happy on Tour and Nursing Home
- Wacky, gut-busting outtakes that will surely tickle your funny bone!
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 07/19/1996
"Sandler literally throws himself into this tailor-made showcase..."
A would-be hockey player who unfortunately can't skate transforms his slap-shot into a 400-yard golf drive in this slapstick comedy. Joining the pro tour to win enough money to get his grandma's house out of hock, this unsportsmanlike sportsman enrages the staid establishment with his on-course shenanigans.
When Happy Gilmore, a would-be hockey player, hits a golf ball over 400 yards, he realizes that his true calling lies in that sport. So, to help his grandma regain her home from the IRS, he trades in his stick and puck for a 5-iron and a tee, and enters the PGA tour. To prepare for this new career, Gilmore hires Chubbs, an ex-golf pro.
Happy's "Generation X" status, and his wild, boisterous antics on the green, shake up the stuffy golf world -- particularly when groups of rowdy hockey fans show up at tournaments to cheer Happy on. This dismays Shooter, an arrogant pro who is exasperated with Happy... and will do anything to get rid of him.
Can Happy elude Shooter's conspiratorial clutches' And if so, can he win enough money to save his grandma'
- Released theatrically in the USA February 16, 1996. The film scored a hole-in-one, grossing $38 million domestically.
- Director Dennis Dugan makes a cameo as the PGA tour president.