Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 7, 2011
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Featurettes in which musicians, music historians and journalists blow the lid off AC/DC and its enduring legacy
- Blu-ray: BD Playlist - Organize the performances to play in your preferred order
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - French, Japanese, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
The only movie powered by AC/DC. This legendary concert film, covering a 1979 Paris concert during the Australian heavy metal band's "Highway To Hell" tour showcases the power and precision that the quintet bring to vicious rockers like "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Let There Be Rock." Pixieish lead guitarist Angus Young, attired in his trademark school-boy's uniform, takes center stage with his energetic antics and frenetic solos, while the rest of the band crank out their minimalist boogie with quiet determination. Interview segments and humorous backstage footage show another side to the thuggish musicians, especially AC/DC's flamboyant lead singer Bon Scott, who died two months after this filmed concert.
- Extra Content
- Loud, Locked & Loaded: The Rites of Rock - Seasoned rockers, actors and journalists recollect their rite of passage as early witnesses to the raw, bone rattling rock of AC/DC.
- AC/DC: The Bedrock of Riff - No one has mastered the basic DNA of Riff Rock as successfully as AC/DC. Explore Angus and Malcolm Young's telepathic groove and the four-on-the-floor swing of Phil Rudd.
- Angus Young: A True Guitar Monster - Angus Young's transformation from diminutive schoolboy to raging rock monster electrifies the masses. Find out what makes this time bomb tick.
- Bon Scott: The Pirate of Rock 'n' Roll - Bon Scott was the ringleader of the AC/DC circus, balancing his screaming sexuality with a rakish charm. Get a glimpse into the life of a classic Rock 'n' Roll pirate.
- AC/DC: A Rock Solid Legacy - From bar band to arena rock, AC/DC stuck to their guns and shot their way to the top. Fellow rockers and journalists chart AC/DC's ascent into the Pantheon of Rock Gods in rock 'n' roll history.
- Song Specific Interviews
- BD Playlist - your favorite songs in your favorite order
- 32-page custom mini book
- Custom guitar pick
- 10 Postcards with images from the show
Archival Footage |
Music (General) |
Pop / Rock |
Rock Documentaries |