Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 31, 2011
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, French, German, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, German, Spanish
- Subtitles - Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
John Wayne is Jacob McCandles, an aging cowboy in an Old West that is on the verge of modernization. When his eight-year-old grandson is kidnapped by a violent gang led by the evil John Fain (Richard Boone), Jacob's estranged wife (Maureen O' Hara) enlists his help to rescue the boy. Jacob and his three sons (one of whom is portrayed by Wayne's real-life son Patrick) set out to bring the gang to justice. This late-period Wayne western is characterized by a gritty realism not present in most of his earlier works. The surprisingly graphic violence is also tempered with abundant humor.
An unusually violent John Wayne western about a grandfather's efforts to rescue his kidnapped grandson.
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
- Additional cast: Dean Smith (Kid Duffy), John Ethan Wayne (Jake McCandles), William Walker (Moses Brown), Tom Hennesy (saloon brawler), and Don Epperson (saloon bully).
- Michael Wayne, the film's producer, and John Ethan Wayne are John Wayne's sons. John Ethan was eight years old when he made the film.
- Filmed in Panavision and Technicolor on location in Mexico.