Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 31, 2011
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Includes the director's cut with Jerry Goldsmith's score
- Feature commentary with director Ridley Scott
- Lost scenes
- Bryan Ferry music video
- Photo gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/21/1985
"...Exhilarating visual elements....It is a fairy-tale produced on a grand scale, a classic tale of the struggle between darkness and light, good and evil..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/18/1986
"...Awesome in its fantasy splendor....It is a sumptuous, richly colored feast for cinematographer Alex Gordon's camera..."
Uncut - 03/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "It's beautiful to watch -- Scott's painterly settings are, as you'd expect, rich and detailed -- and Curry has fun as the bad guy."
Director Ridley Scott's lush fantasy film stars the young Tom Cruise as Jack, a peasant who lives in an enchanted forest with his beloved Lili (Mia Sara). One day, while quietly gamboling in a glade, the pair is distracted by the appearance of trolls, minions of the evil Lord of Darkness (Tim Curry). The cloven-footed, cavern-dwelling monster, long banished to the earth's nether regions, has sent the creatures on a mission to seize the horn of a unicorn, thereby plunging the planet into a frigid darkness over which he alone will reign. Things go from bad to worse as Lili succumbs to the forces of darkness, and Jack must assemble a motley band of elves to free her from bondage and return sunlight to the earth's surface. Sumptous art direction and overwhelming special effects are once again a testament to Scott's powers of visual invention.
In Ridley Scott's LEGEND, young Jack lives in a magic forest populated with friendly and exotic creatures. But the delicate balance between good and evil is upset when the Lord of Darkness seizes Jack's beloved, Lili, and a horn from one of the last unicorns, thereby gaining control of the universe. The plucky lad must then assemble a band of elves and do battle with the forces of evil to set Lili free and restore peace to the world.
Devil / Demons |
Good Vs. Evil |
Love Story |
Theatrical Release |
Witches And Wizards
- Theatrical release: April 1986.
- Filmed on the James Bond set at Pinewood Studios in England. Production was delayed when the set burned down.
- The movie was screened on August 26, 1985, as the opening film of the Venice Film Festival.
- LEGEND marked Mia Sara's film debut.
- The European version of LEGEND is 20 minutes longer than the 89-minute American cut and features a Jerry Goldsmith score.