Frankie Goes To Hollywood Liverpool (2-CD)
15 copies available
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$12.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Label: Salvo
Record Collector (magazine) - p.874 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t has a gnarled, rough-hewn beauty. Solid and workmanlike...and shows the band moving into harder, rockier terrain..."
Uncut (magazine) - p.834 stars out of 5 -- "[It] seems vibrant, flush with big ideas and inventive execution."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Warriors of the Wasteland
- 2.Rage Hard
- 3.Kill the Pain
- 4.Maximum Joy
- 5.Watching the Wildlife
- 6.Lunar Bay
- 7.For Heaven's Sake
- 8.Is Anybody Out There?
- 9.The Waves
- 10.Pamela - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Suffragette City
- 12.Roadhouse Blues
- 13.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [Monitor Mix / Sarm Sessions / May 1986/Voiceless] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 14.(Don't Lose What's Left) Of Your Little Mind
- 15.Rage Hard [Voiceless] - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Rage Hard [voiceless]
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Rage Hard [Montreux Mix] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 2.Warriors of the Wasteland [Montreux Mix] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 3.Warriors Cassetted
- 4.Wildlife Cassetted
- 5.Our Silver Turns to Gold [Monitor Mix] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 6.Delirious [Monitor Mix / Ibiza Sessions / October 1985] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 7.Stan - (previously unreleased)
- 8.For Heaven's Sake [Monitor Mix / Wisseloord Sessions / March 1986] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 10.For Heaven's Sake [monitor mix / Wisseloord sessions / March 1986]
Frankie Goes To Hollywood: Holly Johnson, Paul Rutherford (vocals); Brian Nash (guitar); Mark O'Toole (bass); Peter Gill (drums).
Additional personnel: Stephan Lipson (guitar, keyboards); Peter Vetesse, Andy Richards (keyboards); Betsy Cooke (background vocals).
Personnel: Holly Johnson (vocals); Stephen Lipson (guitar, keyboards); Brian Nash (guitar); Peter Vetesse, Andy Richards (keyboards); Peter Gill (drums); Betsy Cooke (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Ian Peel.
Photographer: Anton Corbijn.
Frankie Goes to Hollywood's first double album was a huge hit. Their second offering also met with some success, although it is not as well remembered. And yet, on many accounts, Liverpool can be considered as an improvement over its predecessor. For one thing, the album is shorter, more conventional. While Welcome to the Pleasuredome had some strong material, the length weakened the whole in many places. Here, the band focused on eight tracks and the result is somewhat more convincing. "Warriors of the Wasteland," "Rage Hard," and "Watching the Wildlife" were all minor hits back in 1986, and the other tracks are, for the most part, of the same quality, with perhaps "For Heaven's Sake" standing out as a favorite. Again, Trevor Horn was involved in the production (the band was signed to his famous Zang Tuum Tumb label, so it's no big surprise) -- thus the production is impeccable, as one would expect from a Horn-produced album. Worth a listen if you like the band or have an interest for '80s music -- of which this is not such a bad sample. ~ Alex S. Garcia
Frankie Goes To HollywoodFrankie Said: The Very Best of Frankie Goes to Hollywood
$10.88 LABOR DAY
The Best of The 80s - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)
$8.34 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE