Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 10, 2011
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Mill Creek Ent
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Lily Tomlin &
Roy Brocksmith &
New York Times - 06/10/1988
"...A most cheerful, very breezy summer farce....Uncommon zest..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/10/1988
"...A bright whirligig of a movie....As you watch its buoyant hilarity, the intricacies flow smoothly as honey off a spoon..."
Two sets of twins are mixed up at birth. One set becomes the chief executives of a huge Manhattan conglomerate, while the other set succeeds at becoming poor country bumpkins. They all accidentally meet up at New York's plaza hotel and quickly become comically mixed up.
Two pairs of identical twins are accidentally switched at birth and end up living very different lives. One pair grows up in bucolic Jupiter Hollow, while the other two are raised in New York City and become powerful business women.
The four eventually reunite in the monumental Plaza Hotel when they take opposite sides in a battle to control the future of the Moramax Corporation and tiny Jupiter Hollow. The rest of the film is fueled by the comedy generated by an extended series of misunderstandings based on two cases of mistaken identity. Double your pleasure; double your fun.
Big Business |
Family Interaction |
- Estimated budget $15 million.
- Shot in Metrocolor. Location shooting done in New York City, New York; Kentucky; Tennessee; Newhall and Los Angeles, California.
- Screenwriter Dori Pierson is the wife of Chris Carter, the Executive Producer of the TV show, "The X-Files".