Perry Como And I Love You So / It's Impossible
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$11.03 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.94 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Both of these albums have been remastered from premier sources and handled with the utmost of care throughout the production of this special twelve-album Collectables Series release. These recordings have never sounded better and are released here in true stereo.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two of Perry Como's popular albums from the 1970s featuring two of his biggest hits. Perry recorded "It's Impossible" at RCA's Studio A, recording studios, New York City, in May of 1970, arranged and conducted by the legendary Marty Manning, produced by Ernie Altschuler, but when the song entered Billboard's Top Ten Charts later that year he completed the album at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, under the baton of Nick Perito and produced by Don Costa for release in December of that same year. In 1973 he had another giant hit with "And I Love You So", recorded and produced in Nashville with the legendary Chet Atkins and RCA Victor's Nashville Sound backing. The Nashville album was certified R.I.A.A. Gold shortly following but both hits quickly became Como signature songs.
- 1.And I Love You So
- 2.Killing Me Softly With Her Song
- 3.For The Good Times
- 6.I Want To Give
- 7.Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- 8.I Thought About You
- 9.It All Seems To Fall Into Line
- 10.I Believe In Music
- 11.It's Impossible
- 12.Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- 15.A House Is Not A Home
- 16.Everybody Is Looking For An Answer
- 17.El Condor Pasa
- 18.(They Long To Be) Close To You
- 19.I Think I Love You
- 20.We've Only Just Begun
2 LPs on 1 CD: AND I LOVE YOU SO (1973)/IT'S IMPOSSIBLE (1971).
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee and New York, New York in 1973 & 1970. Originally released on RCA (0100) & RCA (4473).
Recording information: 05/05/1970-04/04/1973.
Collectables Records' two-fer CD reissue of 1973's And I Love You So and 1970's It's Impossible combines on one disc Perry Como's last two successful albums, each of which made the Top 40, as did their title songs. In each case, it was the title song that inspired the album. By the early '70s, Como was recording less frequently, and with "It's Impossible" and "And I Love You So" he scored surprise crossover singles that topped the easy listening charts and also scaled the pop charts. The albums were rushed out to take advantage of those hits, with Como quickly cutting his own versions of some contemporary hits. Thus, this disc can be thought of as "Perry Como Sings the Hits of the Early '70s." Songs associated with the Carpenters ("Sing," "[They Long to Be] Close to You," "We've Only Just Begun") are especially prominent, along with music associated with the Beatles ("Something") and Simon & Garfunkel ("El Condor Pasa"), and there are three songs written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David ("Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head," "A House Is Not a Home," "[They Long to Be] Close to You"). Producers Chet Atkins and Don Costa use contemporary soft rock arrangements similar to the hit versions, which means Como, a former big-band singer used to lightly swinging, has to be more on the beat than he may have been accustomed to. The rendition of the Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" gives him particular trouble in this regard, in addition to being a singularly unsuitable piece of material for him. But he negotiates most of the songs well, and, of course, the two title songs remain signature songs for him. ~ William Ruhlmann
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)
$7.22 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$9.38 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Joni James The Very Best of Joni James 1951-62 (2-CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Nat "King" Cole The Complete U.S. & U.K. Hits 1942-1962 (5-CD) ~ $21.75 LABOR DAY
- Nancy Wilson The Early Years 1956-62 (2-CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Ohio Express Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE