- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround 2.0 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: David Frankel, Director; Wendy Finerman, Producer; Patricia Field, Costume Designer; Aline Brosh McKenna, Screenwriter; Mark Livolsi, Editor; Florian Ballhaus, Director of Photography Florian Ballhaus
- Deleted Scenes (15)
- Outtakes: Gag Reel
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "Trip to the Big Screen"
- "NYC and Fashion"
- "Fashion Visonary Patricia Field"
- "Getting Valentino"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 07/13/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "[A] sinfully funny, deliciously glossy [film]....[Streep's] performance is a comic and dramatic tour de force."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/30/2006
"[W]e haven't seen our Meryl like this until now, relishing the role as if it were the swellest Best of Everything achievement award a 13-time Oscar nominee could receive." -- Grade: B
New York Times - 06/30/2006
"[Ms. Streep's] perfectionism has rarely seemed so apt....[Ms. Blunt's performance] is a minor tour de force of smiling hostility."
Box Office - 08/01/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]mpressively free of black-and-white characterizations."
Total Film - 11/01/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he real pleasure...is watching Meryl Streep brilliantly colour her glamorous gorgon with shadings of vulnerability..."
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2006
"[A] voyeuristic treat....Streep's performance is as supple as a kid glove, evoking both the loneliness and erotic charge of ultimate power..."
Premiere - 01/01/2007
3 stars out of 4 -- "[A]n appealing comedy....A series of engaging moments filled with beautifully dressed and extremely talented people."
Ultimate DVD - 03/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "This is a rare example of when an adaptation is superior to the novel..."
Wall Street Journal - 08/28/2009
"The devil gets her due in a movie that's leagues better than its source material....With the glorious Meryl Streep giving a nuanced performance in the title role."
Based On A Novel |
New York City |
- Theatrical Release: June 30, 2006