- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Classic Media
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
- CREATIVITY - Fat Albert and the kids get the fever to start a band, but they don't have enough money to buy "real" instruments. Using the junkyard, they come up with a "creative" musical solution.
- TAKE TWO, THEY'RE SMALL - Fat Albert's cousin, Justin, and his cool friend, Harlow, have a habit of shoplifting from stores! Will the kids join in or do the right thing?
- SMOKE GETS IN YOUR HAIR - Wombley has been seen around town smoking cigarettes. Will the kids follow suit or realize that smoking is bad for your health?
- SWEET SORROW - Fat Albert's figure skating friend, Roberta, offers to help the kids with their hockey skills. Unfortunately, she seems troubled by other things on her mind.
- POLL TIME - Hugo (black) and Baron (white) play race politics against each other in the school election until Fat Albert and the kids come up with an alternative.
A group of kids from Philadelphia's inner city make the best of life in FAT ALBERT AND THE COSBY KIDS. Based on Bill Cosby's riotous stand-up routines about his childhood in the 1960s, FAT ALBERT puts a cartoon face on the characters the comedian immortalized. Interspersed with popular music and live action footage of Cosby himself, FAT ALBERT describes social issues, personal problems, and the nonsensical antics of Rudy, Mushmouth, Donald, Bill, Weird Harold, and Russell. Saturday morning couch potatoes in the 1970s and 1980s loved to watch these mixed bag of oddballs turn a forbidding urban landscape into a playground. FAT ALBERT AND THE COSBY KIDS contains the top 5 highest-rated episodes.
African Americans |
Animated Characters |
Family (General) |