Perry Como Saturday Night With Mr. C / When You Come To The End of The Day (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- These albums have been remastered from premium quality sources with the utmost of care and released here in their original stereo versions. Many of these songs are available in true stereo for the first time since their original issue.
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This double set CD includes Perry's first two full stereophonic albums recorded back to back in 1958. The full title "Saturday Night With Mr. C." is released here complete in stereo for the first time ever, including the song "Come Rain or Come Shine" which had been deleted from all stereo versions of the original record album. As an added bonus, this album is featured here with six tracks from Perry's 1959 "Como Swings" album. The companion album, included within this set, is Perry's highly respected album of inspirational songs, "When You Come to the End of the Day", featuring some of Perry's finest performances and heartfelt interpretations. Both of these albums were produced by Joe Reisman with arrangements by Joe Lipman, Jack Andrews and Ray Charles. Recorded at RCA Victor's Studio A, New York City, and engineered by Bob Simpson, these albums are released here in their original "Living Stereo" formats. The songs from "Como Swings" were recorded in 1959 at Webster Hall, produced by Charles Grean and Lee Schapiro, and also engineered by Bob Simpson.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Dream Along With Me (Theme)
- 2.Accentuate The Positive
- 3.It Could Happen To You
- 4.Love Letters
- 5.Letters Theme
- 6.Almost Like Being In Love
- 7.Little Man You've Had A Busy Day
- 8.Gypsy In My Soul
- 9.Wiffenpoof Song
- 10.Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
- 11.Red Sails In The Sunset
- 12.Birth Of The Blues
- 13.When I Fall In Love
- 14.Come Rain Or Come Shine
- 15.Letters Theme
- 16.You Made Me Love You
- 17.I May Be Wrong
- 18.Like Someone In Love
- 19.Vaya Con Dios
- 20.It Had To Be You
- 21.Twilight On The Trail
- 22.You Are Never Far Away (Theme)
- 23.Route 66
- 24.Dear Hearts And Gentle People
- 25.Mood Indigo
- 26.Donkey Serenade
- 27.You Came A Long Way From From St. Louis
- 28.Begin The Beguine
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- 2.Whither Thou Goest
- 3.No Well On Earth
- 4.Only One
- 5.Scarlet Ribbons
- 6.I May Never Pass This Way Again
- 7.A Still Small Voice
- 8.In The Garden
- 9.May The Good Lord Bless And Keep You
- 10.Prayer For Peace
- 11.All Through The Night
- 12.When You Come To The End Of The Day
2 LPs on 2 CDs: SATURDAY NIGHT WITH MR. C. (1958)/WHEN YOU COME TO THE END OF THE DAY (1958).
Personnel: Perry Como (vocals); Mitchell Ayres Orchestra; Ray Charles Singers.
Recorded at RCA Studio A, New York, New York in 1958. Originally released on RCA Records.
Personnel: Robert Hartman, Jack Brown, Rae Whitney, Sue Singleton, Alan Sokoloff, Rose Marie Jun, Herb Davidson, Steve Steck, James Stover, Robert Harris, Warren Hayes, Anne Phillips, Lois Winter (vocals); Danny Perri, Sebastian Mure, Don Arnone, Al Casamenti, Al Caiola, Tony Mottola, Mundell Lowe (guitar); Gloria Agostini (harp); Frederick Buldrini, Harry Glickman, George Ockner, Solomon Deutsch, Harry Hoffman, Ralph Silverman, Harry Melnikoff, Felix Orlewitz, Harry Urbont, Tosha Samaroff, Sylvan Shulman, Arnold Eidus, Mac Ceppos, Maurice Hershaft, Samuel Rand, Jack Zayde, Raoul Poliakin, Max Hollander (violin); George Brown , Harold Furmansky, Howard Kay, Leon Frengut, Isadore Zir (viola); Abram Borodkin, Lucien Schmit, Maurice Bialkin, Maurice Brown , Harvey Shapiro (cello); Harry Terrill, Thomas Parshley, Stanley Webb , Irving Horowitz, Abraham Richman, Philip Zolkind, Bernard Kaufman, Wolfe Taninbaum, Romeo Penque (saxophone); James Maxwell, Joseph B. Wilder, Melven Soloman, Bernie Glow, Nick Travis (trumpet); Fred Klein, John Barrows (French horn); Robert Alexander , Eddie Bert, John d'Agostino, Frank Rehak, Jack Satterfield, Robert Byrne, Thomas Mitchell (trombone); Harvey Phillips (tuba); Henry Rowland (piano); Moe Wechsler (organ); Don Lamond, Frank Garisto, Jack Saunders, Jimmy Crawford , Osie Johnson, Phil Kraus , Todd Sommer, Terry Snyder (drums).
Recording information: 02/12/1958-06/23/1958.
Arrangers: Joe Lipman; Ray Charles; Jack Andrews.
Collectables Records' Saturday Night With Mr. C./When You Come to the End of the Day actually packs two and a half vintage Perry Como albums into its two-CD package with a running time of nearly an hour and three-quarters. That's because, having been pushed to two discs by the unusually long running time of Saturday Night With Mr. C., the label has added even more material, culling six of the 12 songs from the 1959 album Como Swings as bonus tracks. At a release price of $13.50 for 40 tracks, the resulting compilation is quite a bargain. That said, the pairing is an odd one. Saturday Night With Mr. C. and When You Come to the End of the Day were both originally released in 1958, but they're very different records. The former is a kind of audio equivalent of Como's TV show, beginning with his opening theme and ending with his closing theme, in between including two introductory bits of his "Letters Theme" that serve to structure the disc as if it were an extended request segment from the show. Como performs a large number of miscellaneous standards in relatively brief renditions, following, for example, "The Whiffenpoof Song" with "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea," as if the selection and sequencing were determined by unpredictable audience choices. The album might better have been paired with the similar 1961 LP Sing to Me, Mr. C., while When You Come to the End of the Day, an inspirational set, would have been better matched with an earlier album on the same theme, I Believe. Still, this is a lot of Perry Como for the money. ~ William Ruhlmann
Rosemary ClooneyDate With The King (with Benny Goodman) / On Stage /... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Marilyn MayeMeet Marvelous Marilyn Maye / The Lamp Is Low (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)(8)
$8.49 on SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 5 (CD)(6)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 40,867
- UPC: 090431276327
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE