Perry Como By Request / Sing To Me Mr. C (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Perry Como ~ The Scene Changes (With the Anita Kerr Quartet) / Lightly Latin ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Perry Como ~ Seattle / The Songs I Love ~ $12.98 (Save 24%)
- by Perry Como ~ The Very Best of Perry Como [RCA] (2-CD) ~ $7.18
- These albums have been remastered from premium quality sources with the utmost of care and released here in their original stereo versions. Many of these songs are available in true stereo for the first time since their original issue.
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This double set CD includes two of Perry's most popular albums produced by the legendary RCA Victor team of Hugo and Luigi. "By Request" was a deluxe album of popular standards recorded by Perry in June, 1962, at Webster Hall, New York City. "A superbly performed, beautiful collection, By Request" from television's famous Mr. C. was all that needed to be said within the album notes of this record. It's companion album, "Sing to Me Mr. C." was recorded a year earlier at RCA's Studio A, in New York City, and fashioned after Perry's famous television spot where he sang a medley of requests. This album includes eighteen all-time favorite songs plus two of his signature themes, the title track and "You Are Never Far Away". Both of these albums were recorded by Bob Simpson and are released here in their original "Living Stereo" formats.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Lollipops And Roses
- 3.The Sweetest Sounds
- 4.More Than Likely
- 5.Moonglow And Theme From "Picnic"
- 6.My Favorite Things
- 7.Once Upon A Time
- 8.Can't Help Falling In Love
- 9.What's New?
- 10.Somebody Cares
- 11.I'll Remember April
- 12.Moon River
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Sing To Me, Mr. C (Opening Theme)
- 2.All By Myself / I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face / So In Love
- 3.Say It Isn't So / Blue Skies / Here's That Rainy Day
- 4.All I Do Is Dream Of You / Gigi / The Way You Look Tonight
- 5.Sing To Me, Mr. C (Opening Theme)
- 6.Thank Heaven For Little Girls / You Were Meant For Me / A Fellow Needs A Girl
- 7.You Alone (Solo Tu) / I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter / A Portrait Of My Love
- 8.Smile / How Deep Is The Ocean / This Nearly Was Mine
- 9.You Are Never Far Away From Me
2 LPs on 2 CDs: BY REQUEST (1962)/SING TO ME, MR. C. (1961).
Personnel: Perry Como (vocals); Mitchell Ayres Orchestra; The Ray Charles Singers.
Recorded at Webster Hall, New York, New York in 1962 & 1961. Originally released on RCA (2567) & RCA (2390).
Collectables Records' two-CD set By Request/Sing to Me, Mr. C. combines two early-'60s Perry Como albums. By Request, actually the later of the two discs, having been released initially in 1962, finds Como tackling some of the best songs of the day, the album given over to early-'60s hits like "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Moon River." Of course, those songs are closely associated with other singers, but Como puts his stamp on them, as he does with such quality material as "Maria" from West Side Story and "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. Sing to Me, Mr. C., originally released in 1961, keys off the popular medley segment of Como's TV show, complete with performances of his opening and closing themes, plus six medleys of three songs each. (The nearly 43-minute running time, unusually long for a pop album of the era, made it impossible for Collectables to put the two albums on one CD.) The medleys don't usually have any apparent thematic or musical cohesion, and especially on record they just seem like a series of unrelated songs, some with little space in between. But again the material is terrific, including many vintage standards and Broadway or Hollywood hits written by the likes of Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, Lerner & Loewe, Cole Porter, and Rodgers & Hammerstein. Como is given excellent support on both discs by the string-filled Mitchell Ayres Orchestra and the Ray Charles Singers, with special emphasis placed on the contributions of guitarist Tony Mottola on the second disc. ~ William Ruhlmann
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,565
- UPC: 090431276228
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE