- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 24, 2011
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Miramax Echo Bridge
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Based on Marguerite Henry's novel, the story of a young boy whose devotion to a splendid Arabian horse leads him on a journey from the North African deserts to the courts of France and England.
From the Arabian peninsula, to North America, to the Court of the King of France, "King of the Wind" takes a little boy, Agba, and his beloved stallion on the quest of a lifetime. And through a series of mishaps and adventures Agba learns some valuable lessons about love and devotion.
- The Godolphin Arabian lived a long and happy life. He was the first of a line which included some of the most famous horses in racing history.
- Shot on location at the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul and around Turken, and Bath and Bristol, England.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Produced by HTV International, Copyright 1989 HTV Limited, in association with Davis Panzer Productions.
- Additional cast: Neil Dickson (Earl of Godolphin); Jill Gascoine (Mrs. Williams); Hilton McRaw (Cook); and Paul Spurrier (King Louis XV).
- Additional credits: Roger Pearce (camera operator); Munich Studio Orchestra (score performer); John Fiddy (music supervisor); Linda Webster (makeup supervisor); Pamela Haddock (hairdresser/makeup artist); Sally Morgan (assistant director); Bob Auger (recording engineer); Terry Schuber (special effects supervisor); and Miracle Effects (speciale effects).