- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- FAR FROM HOME: THE ADVENTURES OF YELLOW DOG
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An inept delivery man on the run from cops leads a group of Ranger Scouts into the wilderness, where the kids do fine but he gets...bushwhacked. A family comedy.
When Max Grabrelski, a mild-mannered delivery boy, is mistakenly accused of murdering a high-powered con artist, he immediately flees the cops in order to uncover the real killer. While on the run, Max discovers that the dead con man was supposed to make a money exchange on top of a mountain known as Devil's Peak; he believes the killer may be there instead. So, Max poses as a boy scout leader, and attempts a difficult trek through the wilderness. But then, he runs into a leaderless troop of boys, and he decides that guiding them on an overnight trip will help him maintain his cover. While braving the woods, with its creepy nighttime noises, Max not only learns the value of nature, but also gains enough self-confidence to confront a possible assassin, and clear his own name.
Family Interaction |
Theatrical Release |
- Color by Panavision.
- A Charles B. Wessler/Paul Schiff production.
- Copyright 1995 Twentieth Century Fox.
- Filmed in Deluxe color.
- Rated MPAA PG-13. Running time 90 minutes.
- Released in the USA on August 4, 1995, and had an opening weekend box office gross of $3.0 million.