- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 24, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: "Elton Builds A Garden" - This Insightful Featurette focuses on the impact Elton John and his multi-platinum music had on the film
- Frog Talk With Ashley Jensen - See Ashley in action as she gives voice to Nanette: Crazy Faces, a bonus Japanese lesson
- "Crocodile Rock" Music Video - Featuring Nelly Furtado and Elton John
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Kevin Cecil &
James Newton Howard &
John R. Smith,
Kevin Cecil &
James Daniel Wilson,
Maurissa Horwitz &
Total Film - 03/01/2011
3 stars out of 5 -- "Shakespeare puns abound in Kelly Asbury's surprisingly entertaining animated caper..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/11/2011
"Playful, inventive and endearing..."
Wall Street Journal - 02/11/2011
"[T]his lively little film, a comic take on Shakespeare's tragedy, is really entertaining....The voice actors get the material they deserve in a smart, spirited script..."
New York Times - 02/10/2011
"[T]here is some fun to be found in this goofy riff on Shakespeare."
Washington Post - 02/11/2011
3 stars out of 4 -- "In the animated GNOMEO & JULIET, creator Kelly Asbury has discovered imaginative ways to freshen up the timeless material and introduce it to the next generation."
Box Office - 02/09/2011
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] wonderful animated tale....A movie treat full of heart, laughs and fantastic songs..."
Empire - 03/01/2011
3 stars out of 5 -- "Incredibly, it works -- and not just for the very young children it's aimed at. This is largely thanks to an extraordinary cast of recognizable voices..."
Sight and Sound - 04/01/2011
"[O]ften amusing, with flashes of real wit....GNOMEO is stolen by its easy-to-love support players..."
The animated tale GNOMEO & JULIET knowingly follows the quintessential star-crossed lovers tragedy Romeo and Juliet, with the unexpected twist of making the characters garden gnomes that can move when human beings aren't watching. Though Gnomeo (James McAvoy) and Juliet (Emily Blunt) belong to feuding garden-gnome families, they meet and fall in love. But the clans' shared animosity is exacerbated when Tybalt (Jason Statham) dies in part because of actions taken by Gnomeo to defend a friend whom Tybalt was attacking. After getting some sage advice from a statue of William Shakespeare (Patrick Stewart), Gnomeo attempts to set things right, and win the heart of the lawn ornament he loves. The supporting cast includes the vocal talents of Michael Caine, Hulk Hogan, and Maggie Smith.
Computer Animation |
Family (General) |