- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 4, 2003
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Andy Tennant - Director
- Music Video: Joy Enriquez - "How Can I Not Love You"
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Deleted Scenes: With Optional Director's Commentary
- "Anna and the King: A Modern Epic"
- Advanced Combo
- Production Design
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
"...Undeniably gratifying....Foster moves gracefully in period costumes and commands the screen charismatically..."
Rolling Stone - 01/20/2000
"...[Chow Yung-Fat] is a class act - courtly and charming..."
Box Office - 02/01/2000
"...Chow and Foster are perfect casting -- stars whose command of their craft and the camera remain all but unmatched anywhere in the world..."
USA Today - 12/17/1999
Based on the diary writings of English widow Anna Leonowens, who journeyed to Siam in 1862 to tutor the children of King Mongkut, this is a grand, epic motion picture that recalls the Hollywood days of yore (see 1946's ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM and 1956's THE KING AND I for earlier screen adaptations). Chow Yun Fat delivers a heartwarming performance that should finally earn him star status in America, and Jodie Foster is, as always, a magnetic screen presence. Their relationship, which is sparked by a just-beneath-the-surface romantic undercurrent, propels the story forward and provides it with its emotional core. As the film builds to its exciting climax, the relationship between the two is tested even further.