Al Hirt Honey In The Horn / That Honey Horn Sound
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
There was honey in Al Hirt's horn - he created some of the most deliciously listenable Dixieland Jazz of all time. An always-popular live performer, Hirt was also huge with the record buying public in the '60s. The two albums collected together here were originally released in 1963 and 1965 and feature the cheerful and lively music for which Hirt became a legend.
- 1.I Can't Get Started
- 3.Man With A Horn
- 4.Tansy (from "No, My Darling Daughter")
- 5.Night Theme
- 6.Talkin' 'Bout That River
- 7.Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
- 8.To Be In Love
- 9.Al Di La (from "Rome Adventure")
- 11.Theme From A Dream
- 12.I'm Movin' On
- 13.Fancy Pants
- 14.Danny Boy
- 15.Long Walk Home
- 16.Contrary Walk
- 17.Fiddler On The Roof (from "Fiddler On The Roof")
- 18.None But The Lonely Heart
- 19.Alley Cat
- 20.Star Dust
- 22.Over The Rainbow (from "The Wizard Of Oz")
- 23.You Took Advantage Of Me
- 24.Flowers And Candy
2 LPs on 1 CD: HONEY IN THE HORN (1963)/THAT HONEY HORN SOUND (1965).
Also available as part of the Collectables box THE LEGEND AT HIS BEST!
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
HONEY IN THE HORN:
Personnel: Al Hirt (trumpet); Henri Rene (conductor); Boots Randolph (saxophone); Floyd Cramer (piano); Grady Martin, Ray Edenton (guitar); Bob Moore (bass); Anita Kerr Singers (backround vocals).
Engineers: Bill Porter, Bob Simpson.
Recorded at RCA Victor's "Nashville Sound" Studio, Nashville, Tennessee on February 25 & 26, 1962 and at RCA Victor's Studio A, New York, New York on February 8, 1961. Originally released on RCA Victor (2733).
THAT HONEY HORN SOUND:
Personnel includes: Al Hirt (trumpet).
Originally released on RCA (3337).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
In 1999, Collectables released Honey in the Horn/That Honey Horn Sound, which contained two complete albums -- Honey in the Horn (1963, originally released on RCA) and That Honey Horn Sound (1965, originally released on RCA) -- by Al Hirt on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,653
- UPC: 090431274927
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$8.84 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3