- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 31, 2011
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Raro Video Usa Ltd.
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Introduction by Italian film historian Maurizio Poro
- An episode from the film, Amori di Mezzo Secolo, entitled Girandola 1910
- Director biography and filmography
- Photo gallery
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 07/01/2011
"ADUA is a tragedy, one that slowly winds around to a crushing coda which keeps faith with the New Wave era's sense of hardbitten realism and outcast pathos."
Four unemployed prostitutes attempt to open a restaurant in this comedy. They look all over Rome for a restaurant they can afford. When they find a ramshackle cafe. The landlord is willing to let them have it; they can even use his name to buy the food license, but he has one condition: they must also run a little cathouse upstairs. Their restaurant becomes quite successful, but when their personal lives intervene, the business threatens to fold.