- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: February 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Special Packaging
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes: Extended Footage
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Yoko Ono's Letter to the Parole Board
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 09/22/2006
"[T]he most potent dimension of THE U.S. VS. JOHN LENNON is the way it captures the contradictory romanticism of Lennon the radical." -- Grade: B
New York Times - 09/15/2006
"When it concentrates on the particulars of Lennon's activism and on Nixon's apparent obsession with him, the film offers its clearest window on the past."
Rolling Stone - 10/05/2006
3 stars out of 4 -- "The film is loaded with testimony and talking heads....Lennon's spirit, like his music, shines through this movie like a beacon. Powerful stuff."
Total Film - 01/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[An] engaging documentary....The film also serves as a gripping trawl through Lennon's later life in music."
Sight and Sound - 01/01/2007
"[The interviews] are woven together with neat rostrum camerawork and a pulsating soundtrack. Yoko heads an impressive cast of interviewees..."
Film Comment - 01/01/2007
"[T]he massive cast of interviewees and a certain relevance to the current political climate make it much more than a nostalgic stroll down Penny Lane."
Ultimate DVD - 03/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "[T]his entertaining and involving pop culture history lesson is hugely enjoyable stuff."
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: September 15, 2006