- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 17, 2011
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Vci Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An elite company of British soldiers is out to find and destroy Rommel's desert fuel supply in this WWII actioner. British. AKA "Desert Patrol."
A small group of top British soldiers attempts to destroy Nazi Field Marshal Rommel's key fuel supply in North Africa just before the famous battle of El Alamein.
Called the Long Range Desert Group, the soldiers are led by Captain Williams and Captain Cotton -- officers who at first don't see eye to eye but eventually learn to admire each other and work together for their common goal.
Once the group conquers the deserts' treacherous conditions, they make it to the fuel depot. However, destroying the gas supply will be only part of the job because they soon learn that hundreds of Nazi soldiers and tanks have been hidden away at the depot.
As a result, the men in this key British troop must not only fight for their own lives, but also the lives of the rest of their Eighth Army division who are stationed at El Alamein.
Theatrical Release |
World War II
- The film's USA release title was "Desert Patrol."
- Additional cast: Tony Thawnton (Captain Giles) and Wolf Frees (A German Sergeant).
- A Tempean Films production.
- Shot on location.