The Waterboys This Is the Sea [Bonus CD] (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by The Waterboys ~ An Appointment with Mr. Yeats ~ $13.48
- by The Waterboys ~ A Pagan Place [UK Bonus Tracks] ~ $12.44
- by The Waterboys ~ The Whole of the Moon: The Music of the Waterboys & Mike Scott ~ $13.49
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Label: Capitol
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Don't Bang the Drum
- 2.The Whole of the Moon
- 4.The Pan Within
- 5.Medicine Bow
- 6.Old England
- 7.Be My Enemy
- 9.This Is the Sea
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Beverley Penn - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Sleek White Schnooner - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Medicine Bow - (previously unreleased, long version)
- 4.Medicine Jack
- 5.High Far Soon
- 6.Even the Trees Are Dancing - (previously unreleased, instrumental try-out)
- 7.Towers Open Fire - (previously unreleased, instrumental)
- 8.This Is the Sea - (live 1984)
- 9.Then You Hold Me - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Spirit - (full-length original rough mix)
- 12.I Am Not Here
- 13.Sweet Thing
- 14.Waves, The - (previously unreleased, instrumental)
The Waterboys: Mike Scott (vocals, various instruments); Steve Wickham, Marek Lipski (violin); Anthony Thistlethwaite (saxophone, double bass, bass guitar); Roddy Lorimer (trumpet); Karl Wallinger (piano, organ, keyboard programming); Kevin Wilkinson (bass guitar, drums); Martin Swain (bass guitar); Chris Whitten (drums, cymbals); Pete Thomas (snare drum); Martin Ditcham (percussion); Max Edie (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mike Scott .
Released in 1985, THIS IS THE SEA stands as the Waterboys' most ambitious and impressive record. The Scottish band takes the majestic, Phil Spector-influenced "Big Sound" of the era, and applies it to grand tales of the ocean and the countryside. While singer/songwriter Mike Scott's plaintive vocals and cinematic lyrics are prominent, the album's shimmering production also showcases the bold layers of instrumentation and lush arrangements. "The Whole of the Moon" spotlights the regal keyboard lines of Karl Wallinger (who would soon leave to form World Party), providing a nice contrast to moodier tracks such as "The Pan Within," a mythology-heavy song that glides along on a slinky melody, and "Medicine Bow," an urgent, expansive guitar-fueled rocker. Scott masterfully caps off the album with the jangling title track, evoking a glorious sense of liberation while sailing into the sunset. (Note: The 2004 reissue of THIS IS THE SEA includes an outstanding bonus disc that culls 14 tracks from Scott's archives, and features a bevy of previously unreleased songs.)
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE