Etta James Live from San Francisco
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Etta James / Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson ~ The Late Show: Blues in the Night, Volume 2 (Live) ~ $10.56
- by Etta James ~ Live at Montreux 1978-1993 ~ $12.58
- by Etta James ~ Love's Been Rough on Me ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Etta James ~ Rocks The House ~ $9.89
- by Various Artists ~ Women of Blue Chicago ~ $10.77
- Released: October 25, 1994
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.I Just Want To Make Love To You
- 2.Take It To The Limit
- 3.Baby What You Want Me To Do
- 4.Sugar On The Floor
- 5.Tell Mama
- 6.I'd Rather Go Blind
- 7.Otis Redding Medley: Hard To Handle / Just One More Day / Can't Turn You Loose
- 8.Born Blue
Personnel: Etta James (vocals); Brian Ray (guitar); Bobby Martin (saxophone, keyboards, French horn, background vocals); Keith Johnson (trumpet, keyboards); Kurtis Teel (bass); Armand Grimaldi (drums).
Producers: Etta James, Keith Johnson, Brian Ray (all tracks).
Recorded live at the Boarding House, San Francisco, California in March, 1981. Includes liner notes by David Ritz.
Commercially, the 1970s weren't nearly as kind to Etta James as the 1950s and '60s had been. The sleekness that characterized Northern "uptown" soul and disco didn't appeal to the big-voiced belter, who stuck to her guns and continued to embrace the type of gritty, hard-hitting Southern soul and down-home blues that had earned her so devoted a following. Though absent from Black radio playlists, she had no problem attracting enthusiastic live audiences. At 41, James sounds like she's very much in her prime on this live recording from 1981. Whether tearing into an Otis Redding medley, her hit "Tell Mama" or Chicago blues staples like Willie Dixon's "I Just Want to Make Love to You" and Jimmy Reed's "Baby, What You Want Me to Do," the earthy singer clearly excels by sticking with what she does best. One of the CD's most pleasant surprises is a version of the Eagles' "Take It to the Limit," which works remarkably well in an R&B setting. ~ Alex Henderson
20th Century Masters: The Best of Etta James Millennium... (CD)
$4.77 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,283
- UPC: 886974949923
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 From Chaos (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE