- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm predicting that the '60s are going to be grim, full of violence and war!"
- Helene (JOAN COLLINS)
Helene is powerful, wealthy and beautiful. Her rise to the top of Paris' fashion industry has won her both international acclaim and a host of enemies who seek to destroy her.
This TV mini-series tells the rags-to-riches story of Helene, a French woman who survived a tragic childhood during the German Occupation of France and went on to become an international success in the fashion industry. But her prosperity came at a high price that takes its toll in later life.
- Based on a novel by Judith Gould.
- This was a seven-hour TV mini-series.
- Filmed on location in Europe.
- Additional cast: Neil Dickson, William Allen Young.