Romeo + Juliet [Bonus Tracks]
by Various Artists
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (Blu-ray) ~ $6.41
- by Soundtrack ~ Romeo + Juliet, Volume 2 ~ $14.70
- William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (Music Edition) ~ $6.95
- Released: February 6, 2007
- Label: Capitol
Q - 4/97, p.1354 Stars (out of 5) - "...provides exactly the same giddy temperament and undulating tension that typifies the movie"
- 1.#1 Crush
- 2.Local God
- 4.Pretty Piece of Flesh
- 5.Kissing You
- 6.Whatever (I Had a Dream)
- 8.Young Hearts Run Free
- 9.Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)
- 10.To You I Bestow
- 11.Talk Show Host
- 12.Little Star
- 13.You and Me Song
- 14.Introduction to Romeo - (10th Anniversary Bonus Track)
- 15.Young Hearts Run Free - (Ballroom Version mix, 10th Anniversary Bonus Track)
- 16.Kissing You - (instrumental, 10th Anniversary Bonus Track)
- 17.When Doves Cry - (10th Anniversary Bonus Track)
- 18.Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - ('07 Mix, 10th Anniversary Bonus Track)
ROMEO & JULIET is an enhanced CD which contains multimedia information accessible with a CD-ROM drive as well as a full-length musical program accessible with any normal CD player.
Producers include: Garbage, Nellee Hooper, Marius De Vries, Justin Warfield, Des'ree.
Composer: Nellee Hooper.
Personnel: Marius de Vries (keyboards, programming).
Audio Mixers: Geoff Foster ; Jim Abbiss; Nellee Hooper; Andy Bradfield; Andy Todd.
Audio Remixer: Josh Abrahams.
Photographers: Merrick Morton; Hugh Stewart.
Translator: Eva Blanco.
On this electric, evocative soundtrack album, alternative, R&B and gospel artists perform music that vibrates with the energy of Baz Luhrmann's unconventional film version of the William Shakespeare play. Although completely modern, the album remains true to the passion and tragedy of the original story and lives up to the imagery of the visually striking film.
Standouts of the eclectic set include Radiohead's brooding "Talk Show Host," Des'ree's poignant, innocent "Kissing You (Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet)" and the dark, trippy desperation of "#1 Crush," by Garbage, which offers as the opening line of the record a mournful, melodramatic "I would die for you, I would die for you." The contrast of sweetness and ferocity mirrors the dramatic range of emotions in the film, in which the fervor of first love is buffeted by the intense hatred between rival families.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE