John Barry From Russia with Love [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.12 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.87 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Imports
- 1.From Russia With Love, film score: Opening Titles: James Bond is Back / From Russia With Love (Bart) / James Bond Theme (Norman)
- 2.From Russia With Love, film score: Tania meets Klebb
- 3.From Russia With Love, film score: Meeting in St. Sophia
- 4.From Russia With Love, film score: The Golden Horn
- 5.From Russia With Love, film score: Girl Trouble
- 6.From Russia With Love, film score: Bond meets Tania
- 7.From Russia With Love, film score: 007
- 8.From Russia With Love, film score: Gypsy Camp
- 9.From Russia With Love, film score: Death of Grant
- 10.From Russia With Love, song (from From Russia With Love)
- 11.From Russia With Love, film score: Spectre Island
- 12.From Russia With Love, film score: Guitar Lament
- 13.From Russia With Love, film score: Man Overboard - Smersh in Action
- 14.The James Bond Thememe from film series: James Bond with Bongos
- 15.From Russia With Love, film score: Stalking
- 16.From Russia With Love, film score: Leila Dances
- 17.From Russia With Love, film score: Death of Kerin (includes themes by Bart)
- 18.From Russia With Love, film score: 007 Takes the Lektor
Original score composed and conducted by John Barry.
Recorded at CTS Studios, London, England in March 1963. Includes liner notes by Jeff Bond.
From Russia With Love was the first soundtrack in the James Bond series to be composed from beginning to end by John Barry, except for one detail -- the title song -- and it set the pattern for all of the soundtracks to follow in the series. In place of Dr. No's use of indigenous-style music derived from its setting, this soundtrack offered subtle, playful misteriosos for the suspense sections, alternating with ringing, larger-than-life instrumental passages that made the action seem even more thrilling than it was. The most notable part of the soundtrack was "007," a horn-driven piece with heavy string embellishment and a driving beat that became as much the signature tune of the series as Monty Norman's "James Bond Theme" (which appears here in abbreviated form). Of the rest, the best part of this flavorful soundtrack was "Girl Trouble," a suspense theme that played off the dynamics of a solo cello, strings, percussion, and and horns; this track was so inspired as action music, that a big chunk of it was used as the opening and closing theme music of a local television news show in New York for decades. Everything on From Russia With Love sounded special and memorable, and it yielded a hit single in the title song sung by Matt Munro -- it made the Top 20 in England, but it was the last time that the Bond soundtracks would feature a singer who wasn't at the top of the pop or rock music worlds doing the title song. EMI issued a remastered version of the album on CD in January of 2003, which features significantly better sound and highly detailed annotation. ~ Bruce Eder
John BarryBond - Diamonds are Forever [Bonus Tracks] (Original Motion...
$10.34 Super Savings
Bond - The Man with the Golden Gun (Special 007 Ed.) (WS) (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)
$12.87 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE