- Released: February 11, 2003
- Label: Capitol
- 1.From Russia With Love, film score: Opening Titles: James Bond is Back / From Russia With Love (Bart) / James Bond Theme (Norman)
- 2.From Russia With Love, film score: Tania meets Klebb
- 3.From Russia With Love, film score: Meeting in St. Sophia
- 4.From Russia With Love, film score: The Golden Horn
- 5.From Russia With Love, film score: Girl Trouble
- 6.From Russia With Love, film score: Bond meets Tania
- 7.From Russia With Love, film score: 007
- 8.From Russia With Love, film score: Gypsy Camp
- 9.From Russia With Love, film score: Death of Grant
- 10.From Russia With Love, song (from From Russia With Love)
- 11.From Russia With Love, film score: Spectre Island
- 12.From Russia With Love, film score: Guitar Lament
- 13.From Russia With Love, film score: Man Overboard - Smersh in Action
- 14.The James Bond Thememe from film series: James Bond with Bongos
- 15.From Russia With Love, film score: Stalking
- 16.From Russia With Love, film score: Leila Dances
- 17.From Russia With Love, film score: Death of Kerin (includes themes by Bart)
- 18.From Russia With Love, film score: 007 Takes the Lektor
Original score composed and conducted by John Barry.
Recorded at CTS Studios, London, England in March 1963. Includes liner notes by Jeff Bond.
Although John Barry won numerous Academy Awards for his scoring of motion pictures--A LION IN WINTER and DANCES WITH WOLVES among them--his name is most commonly associated with the James Bond films (ironically, he never received an Oscar for his Bond scores). Following closely on the heels of the first Bond film (DR. NO), FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE features several of John Barry's distinctive motifs (namely the instantly recognizable "James Bond Theme") that would become inextricably linked in the popular imagination with the long-running saga of 007.
Barry underlines the film's exotic locations and action-packed sequences with evocative "lounge" music, high strings, twangy guitars, and a massive "wall of sound" brass section that nearly leaps from the speakers. Barry's music swings and swells, adding quiet, creeping tension to suspenseful sections, romantic atmosphere to love scenes, and walloping bombast to the dramatic battles. Occasionally, Barry throws a curve ball, as on the melancholy, Ennio Morricone-esque "Guitar Lament," but for the most part the soundtrack is true to his lounge-noir Bond aesthetic. "From Russia with Love," sung by Matt Munro, instigated the Bond film tradition of radio-friendly title songs with vocals by popular singers.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 94,754
- UPC: 724358058826
- Shipping Weight: 0.22/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item