Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Focus Features
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Alternate ending
- Deleted scenes
- The Eagle: The making of a Roman Epic
- Feature commentary with director Kevin Macdonald
- Digital Copy (Offer expires 11/30/11)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 02/11/2011
"Bell's inscrutability ups the tension, and Tahar Rahim, electrifying in UN PROPHETE, makes a formidable, Rome-hating Seal Prince."
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/09/2011
3 stars out of 4 -- "THE EAGLE is a rip-snorting adventure tale of the sort made before CGI....Here we see for the most part the actual actors trekking through real locations, instead of quasi-animation."
Total Film - 05/01/2011
3 stars out of 5 -- "Viscerally capturing the harsh majesty of Scotland, Macdonald's visuals are brutal and beautiful..."
Academy Award-winning director Kevin MacDonald re-teams with THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND screenwriter Jeremy Brock for this historical epic set in second century Britain and following young centurion Marcus Aquila on his quest to solve the mystery of the missing Ninth Legion. The year is 135 A.D. It's been 15 years since the Ninth Legion went missing in the mountains of Scotland, and it's up to Marcus Aquila (Channing Tatum) to find out what happened. His own father was the commander of the Ninth, and by discovering what fate befell the fearless leader, Aquila could restore his failing reputation. Crossing Hadrian's Wall and navigating the treacherous highlands of Caledonia won't be easy though, especially since Aquila's only traveling companion is his British slave, Esca (Jamie Bell). Along the way, Aquila will attempt to make peace with his father's memory as he and Esca confront the savage tribes of the land and attempt to recover the lost legion's golden emblem -- the treasured Eagle of the North. Donald Sutherland and Mark Strong fill out the rest of the starring cast.
Great Britain |