Mazzy Star So Tonight That I Might See
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.29 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.70 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 27, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Capitol
Alternative Press - 11/93, p.77"...Most of the time you get what you'd expect: music that's part trippy and part blues..."
Magnet - p.68"The anti-social Roback and Sandoval may have sounded like they wanted to disappear, but the ghostly echo they created still haunts."
Musician - 12/93, p.88"...there's roundabout satisfaction in hearing this moody duo firmly toe acoustic folk and dirty blues bases without losing their crucial abstraction...."
NME (Magazine) - 12/25/93, p.67Ranked #44 in New Musical Express' list of 'The Top 50 LPs Of 1993' - "...Inspired doomfolk caught in the slipstream of psychedelia, with Hope Sandoval creeping around the edge of confessions too creepy to confront...."
NME (Magazine) - 10/2/93, p.338 - Excellent - "...an even more lustrous, becalmed work than its acclaimed sibbling...."
- 1.Fade Into You
- 2.Bells Ring
- 3.Mary Of Silence
- 4.Five String Serenade
- 5.Blue Light
- 6.She's My Baby
- 9.Into Dust
- 10.So Tonight That I Might See
Mazzy Star includes: Hope Sandoval (vocals); David Roback (guitar); Keith Mitchell, William Cooper, Jason Yates.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Keith Mitchell ; Hope Sandoval; William Cooper; Jason Yates.
Combining the considerable talents of guitarist Dave Roback (Opal, Rain Parade) and Hope Sandoval's sultry, heavy-lidded vocals, Mazzy Star fuses blues, country, and pulsing acoustic folk in a dark psychedelic mix that recalls the Velvet Underground and The Doors. The group's highly textured, atmospheric sound emerged glittering and fully formed on the debut SHE HANGS BRIGHTLY, surprising listeners of "underground" music with its moody yet accessible mix.
SO TONIGHT THAT I MIGHT SEE sticks close to the ground staked out by its predecessor, though with no less success. "Wasted" moves insistently down the twelve-bar road to nuanced, snarling guitar embellishments. "Blue Light" is smoky, blue-eyed (if black-hearted) soul. Of particular note is the cover of Arthur Lee's "Five String Serenade," graced with lilting cello and tambourine accompaniment. Roback's electric/lysergic guitar explorations and Sandoval's blusey, lazily erotic sigh weave a deeply evocative spell, making SO TONIGHT a perfect 2:00AM album.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 110 ratings.
Based on 110 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE