Gene Vincent Bluejean Bop / Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Johnny Burnette / Johnny Burnette & the Rock 'n' Roll Trio ~ Rockbilly Boogie $15.69
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
There was much more to Gene Vincent than his still popular "Be-Bop-A-Lula". Vincent influenced many U.S. rockers plus many abroad, Signed to Capitol records in 1956(who hoped his success would rival Elvis's), Gene and his back-up group The Blue Caps, soon hit the charts with songs like "Be-Bop-A-Lula", "Race With The Devil" and "Bluejean Bop". This disc includes those hits plus all the other songs from his first two Capitol LPs.
- 1.Bluejean Bop
- 3.Who Slapped John?
- 4.Ain't She Sweet
- 5.I Flipped
- 6.Waltz Of The Wind
- 7.Jump Back, Honey, Jump Back
- 8.Wedding Bells
- 9.Jumps, Giggles And Shouts
- 10.Lazy River
- 11.Bop Street
- 12.Peg O' My Heart
- 13.Red Blue Jeans And A Pony Tail
- 14.Hold Me, Hug Me, Rock Me
- 15.Unchained Melody
- 16.You Told A Fib
- 17.Cat Man
- 18.You Better Believe
- 20.Double Talkin' Baby
- 21.Blues Stay Away From Me
- 22.Pink Thunderbird
- 23.I Sure Miss You
- 24.Pretty Pretty Baby
2 LPS on 1 CD: BLUEJEAN BOP!(1956)/GENE VINCENT & THE BLUE CAPS(1957).
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
In May 1956, the two-and-a-half minutes of 'Be Bop A Lula' marked the astonishing recording debut of Gene Vincent, and the following month Gene was back in Owen Bradley's studio in Nashville for his first album, Bluejean Bop. Producer Ken Nelson flipped the echo switch to maximum and created a space-age sound for 'Who Slapped John?', in particular. Gene's voice was softer than most rock 'n' rollers and his tender versions of 'Ain't She Sweet?' and 'Up A Lazy River' display an inkling to become an all-round entertainer. His country roots are covered in 'Waltz Of The Wind' but it is the extraordinary rock 'n' roll numbers such as 'Bluejean Bop' and 'Bop Street' (don't be fooled by the slow start!) that make the album so remarkable and created a guitar hero out of Cliff Gallup. Gene Vincent rocks, the Bluecaps roll and the result is uninhibited magic.
Gene VincentGene Vincent Rocks & The Blue Caps Roll / A Gene Vincent... (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Ronnie HawkinsRonnie Hawkins / The Folk Ballads of Ronnie Hawkins (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
Kicksville Confidential #1 - Torrid Tales from the Wild... (Magazine)
$3.30 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 42,201
- UPC: 090431271223
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)(44)
$16.52 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE