Miranda Lambert Revolution
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 29, 2009
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - p.744 stars out of 5 -- "With her third record, Miranda Lambert remains country's most refreshing act....'Airstream Song' is a string-band dropout fantasy..."
Spin - p.80"[With] guitar noise and booming drums out of garage and grunge, alternating with patches of soft-focus atmosphere..."
Entertainment Weekly - p.59"REVOLUTION is a portrait of an artist in full possession of her powers, and the best mainstream-country album so far this year."
Entertainment Weekly - p.102Included in Entertainment Weekly's 'The Best Albums of 2009' -- "Mature lyrics, well-considered covers, and rich neo-traditional arrangements that result in songs rather than singles..."
Billboard (p.36) - "Among the highlights on the new set are Lambert's rocking twist on John Prine's 'That's the Way the World Goes 'Round' and the retro-sounding 'Me and Your Cigarettes.'"
Paste (magazine) (p.50) - "This time, we get 'Dead Flowers' and 'Me And Your Cigarettes,' both of which drop Lambert's guard."
- 1.White Liar
- 2.Only Prettier
- 3.Dead Flowers
- 4.Me and Your Cigarettes
- 5.Maintain the Pain
- 6.Airstream Song
- 7.Makin' Plans
- 8.Time to Get a Gun
- 9.Somewhere Trouble Don't Go
- 10.The House That Built Me
- 11.Love Song
- 12.Heart Like Mine
- 13.Sin for a Sin
- 14.That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round
- 15.Virginia Bluebell
Audio Mixer: Mike Wrucke.
Liner Note Author: Judy Forde-Blair.
While Miranda Lambert's first two albums spun tales of kerosene fires, bar fights, and firearmed vengeance, REVOLUTION finds the Texan taking some degree of comfort in her relationship with Blake Shelton, whose influence helps govern the album's mellow moments. Lambert has never played by anyone's rules, be they dictated by Nashville or society in general, but she has carved out her own set of principles over the course of a four-year career. Accordingly, REVOLUTION offers a strong, cohesive take on what has quickly become the "Lambert sound:" a blend of lilting ballads and loud, fire-breathing anthems, many of which owe as much to rock & roll as country. She's more comfortable with the slower songs this time around, and "Dead Flowers" is perhaps her strongest vocal performance to date. Even so, the harder numbers continue to pack the strongest punch.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 99 ratings.
Based on 99 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE