Chris Cagle Play It Loud
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.61 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 19, 2001
- Label: Capitol
- 1.My Love Goes on and On
- 3.The Safe Side
- 4.Country by the Grace of God
- 5.Ton of Love
- 6.Play It Loud
- 7.Are You Ever Gonna Love Me - (bonus track)
- 8.Who Needs the Whiskey
- 9.The Love Between a Woman and a Man
- 10.Lovin' You Lovin' Me
- 11.Rock the Boat
- 12.I Breathe in, I Breathe Out - (bonus track)
This is an Enhanced CD which includes regular tracks as well as multimedia computer files.
Personnel: Chris Cagle (vocals); Robert Wright (acoustic guitar, bass, background vocals); Rex Schnelle, Michael Noble, Michael Spriggs (acoustic guitar); John Carroll (eletric guitar); Jonathan Yudkin (mandolin, viola); Gary Smith (piano, keyboards); Shannon Forrest, Steve Turner (drums).
Engineers: Craig White, Robert Wright, Sandy Williams.
Recorded at Curb and The Crime Scene Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
Pop-country star Chris Cagle's debut album PLAY IT LOUD finds the young singer purveying a brand of country that manages to sound mainstream while maintaining a slightly left-of-center edge. While the occasional radio-ready production touch or pop-conscious hook does pop up, Cagle's overall approach is somewhere between the smart-guy semi-traditionalism of Brad Paisley and the hell-bent country-rocking sound of original outlaw Hank Williams, Jr. Chugging rhythm guitars and four-on-the-floor rhythms are just as important as steel guitar in the arrangements here, but the unmistakeable twang in Cagle's voice makes him more "country" than many of his peers in and of itself. Such tunes as "Rock the Boat" and the title track show Cagle's knack for hard-hitting, uptempo numbers, but the likes of "Who Needs the Whiskey" demonstrate Cagle's winning way with a ballad as well.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE