The Astronauts Surfin' With / Everything Is A-Ok!
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 2707
- by The Tornadoes ~ Beyond the Surf: The Best of the Tornadoes ~ $15.28
- by Various Artists ~ The Birth of Surf ~ $17.09
- by The Fireballs ~ Clovis Classics: The Definitive Collection ~ $24.65
- by Various Artists ~ Lost Legends of Surf Guitar - Big Noise From Waimea ~ $15.28
- by Blue Stingrays ~ Surf-N-Burn ~ $10.78
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
One of the rare surf bands not from California (they're actually from Colorado). Best known for their Instrumentals, this collection features two of their '60s highly collectible surf music albums.
- 2.Surfin' U.S.A.
- 4.Surfer's Stomp
- 8.Banzai Pipeline
- 10.Baby Let's Play House
- 11.Let's Go Trippin'
- 13.Bo Diddley
- 14.If I Had A Hammer
- 15.It's So Easy
- 16.Dream Lover
- 17.Wine, Wine, Wine
- 19.Big Boss Man
- 20.Stormy Monday Blues
- 21.Shortnin' Bread
- 22.I Need You
- 23.What'd I Say
Contains 2 LPs on 1 CD: SURFIN' WITH THE ASTRONAUTS (1963)/EVERYTHING IS A-OK (1964).
The Astronauts: Rich Fifield (vocals, guitar); Stormy Patterson (vocals, bass); Bob Demmon (guitar, trumpet, piano); Dennis Lindsey (guitar); Jim Gallagher (drums).
Personnel: Bob Demmon (vocals, guitar, trumpet, piano); Rich Fifield, Dennis Lindsey (vocals, guitar); Stormy Patterson (vocals); Jim Gallagher (drums).
Collectables' Surfin' with the Astronauts / Everything Is A-OK! combines the Astronauts' first two records. The first, Surfin' With, contains the group's only hit, "Baja," plus a selection of surf staples like "Misirlou," "Susie-Q," "Pipeline," "Let's Go Trippin'," "Batman" and "Surfin' USA." In contrast, Everything Is A-OK! is a little schizophrenic, containing rock & roll ("Money," "It's So Easy"), blues ("Stormy Monday," "Big Boss Man"), pop ("Dream Lover"), R&B ("What'd I Say") and collegiate folk-pop ("If I Had a Hammer," "Shortnin' Bread"). Needless to say, it doesn't hold together as well as its predecessor, but there are a number of good moments. Furthermore, these two albums, when combined on one disc, capture much of the Astronauts' best music. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Competition Coupe / Surfin' with the Astronauts (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE