Me And The Blues / The Song Is You
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|You Save:||$13.99 (82% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: RCA LSP-2879 (1964)
- Original Album #2: RCA Victor SP-3433 (1965)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Considered one of the last great big band singers (he fronted bands conducted by both Lionel Hampton and Count Basie), Joe Williams achieved success as a solo singer in the mid-'50s and was equally welcome in both the jazz and blues worlds. This compact disc contains two albums recorded by the man considered one of the great vocal masters of our time.
- 1.I'm Sticking With You Baby
- 2.Me And The Blues
- 3.Every Night
- 4.Rocks In My Bed
- 5.Come On Blues
- 6.Workin' (Work Song)
- 7.Soothe Me
- 8.Early In The Morning
- 9.Good Morning Heartache
- 10.Kansas City
- 11.A Woman
- 12.Hobo Flats
- 13.Yours Is My Heart Alone
- 14.I'll Follow You
- 15.Sleepy Time Gal
- 16.The Song Is You
- 17.Prelude To A Kiss
- 18.(I Wanna Go Where You Go, Do What You Do) Then I'll Be Happy
- 20.I'm A Fool To Want You
- 21.That Face
- 22.My Darling
- 23.My Romance
- 24.You Stepped Out Of A Dream
Contains 2 LPs on 1 CD: ME AND THE BLUES/THE SONG IS YOU.
Personnel: Joe Williams (vocals); Oliver Nelson, Jimmy Jones (arranger, conductor). Jerome Richardson (alto, tenor & baritone saxophones, flute); Phil Woods (alto saxophone); Phil Bodner (tenor saxophone, flute); Seldon Powell, Ben Webster (tenor saxophone); Danny Bank (baritone saxophone); Clark Terry, Thad Jones (trumpet); Urbie Green, Jimmy Cleveland (trombone); Bernie Leighton, Junior Mance, Hank Jones (piano); Kenny Burrell, Barry Galbraith (guitar); Milt Hinton, Bob Cranshaw (acoustic bass); Sol Gubin, Osie Johnson (drums).
Reissue producer: Rolf Enoch.
Recorded at Webster Hall, New York between February 1 and December 5, 1963.
Personnel: Joe Williams (vocals).
Recording information: Webster Hall, New York, NY.
This Collectables single-disc collects two very good albums Joe Williams recorded for RCA from the early '60s. While the presentation of this collection could have been better -- the packaging looks a little cheap and the sound isn't all it could have been -- both of these records are quite good and this is a good way to collect both records on disc, even if RCA has reissued these albums as better-sounding single discs. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Joe WilliamsAt Newport '63 / Jump For Joy - A Golden Classics Ed. (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 832
- UPC: 090431270325
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Arrested Development Best of Arrested Development (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bananarama Pop Life (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Band The Best of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down: Recorded Live In Concert (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Barbarin Paul Barbarin And His New Orleans Jazz (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- "Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE