Baby Einstein Music Box Orchestra Baby Einstein: Lullaby Classics
|You Save:||$0.70 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Various Artists ~ Beethoven for Babies: Brain Training for Little Ones ~ $4.48
- by Various Artists ~ A Child's Gift of Lullabyes [New Haven] [#1] ~ $8.08
- by Various Artists ~ Lullaby: Classical Lullabies ~ $5.97
- by Tina Malia ~ Lullaby Favorites: Music for Little People ~ $6.06
- by Various Artists ~ The Most Soothing Lullabies in the Universe! (2-CD) ~ $10.33
- Released: March 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Buena Vista
- 1.Variations (12) on "Ah, vous dirai-je maman," for piano in C major, K. 265 (K. 300e): Excerpt
- 2.Minuet, for keyboard No. 1 in G major (Anna Magdalena Notebook II/1), BWV Anh. 114
- 3.Piano Sonata No. 15 in C major ("Sonata semplice") K. 545: 2nd Movement
- 4.Song Without Words for piano No. 30 in A major ("Fr?hlingslied"), Op. 62/6
- 5.Piano Sonata No. 17 in D major ("Trumpet", "Hunt"), K. 576: 3rd Movement
- 6.Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben," BWV 147 (BC A174): Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- 7.Canon in D major, instrumental arrangement
- 8.Vltava (The Moldau), symphonic poem (M Vlast No. 2), JB 1:112/2: [Excerpt]
- 9.Clair de lune, for orchestra or other arrangement (from "Suite Bergamasque" for piano), L. 75/3: [Excerpt]
- 10.Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor ("Moonlight"), Op. 27/2: 2nd Movement
- 11.Symphony No. 9 in E minor ("From the New World"), B. 178 (Op. 95) (first published as No. 5): Excerpt
- 12.Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("F?r Elise"), WoO 59
- 13.Violin Concerto, for violin, strings & continuo in F minor ("L'inverno," The Four Seasons; "Il cimento" No. 4), Op. 8/4, RV 297: 2nd Movement
- 14.Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major, BWV 1068: Air
- 15.Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor ("Path‚tique"), Op. 13: 2nd Movement
- 16.Kinderszenen No. 1 ("Von fremden L„ndern und Menschen"), for piano, Op. 15/1
- 17.Wiegenlied ("Guten Abend, gut Nacht"), song for voice & piano, Op. 49/4
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Baby Einstein: Anik Oulianine (cello); Aaron Drake (flute); Dan Willis (English horn, oboe); Tom Nazziola (piano, keyboards); Bill Weisbach (keyboards, percussion, chapman stick); Clive Smith (keyboards).
Personnel: Anik Oulianine (cello); Aaron Drake (flute); Dan Willis (oboe, English horn); Tom Nazziola (piano, keyboards); Bill Weisbach (keyboards, Chapman stick, percussion); Clive Smith (keyboards).
Audio Mixer: Bill Weisbach.
Arranger: Bill Weisbach.
Though there exist many children's-music discs geared towards dancing, singing, learning, and generally keeping kids active and entertained, there are fewer that address the all-so-important nap time that follows. Luckily, Baby Einstein's LULLABY CLASSICS is perfect for when youngsters (and parents) need a break. The 17-track CD features well-known classical pieces performed by the Baby Einstein Music Box Orchestra, an ensemble comprised of several keyboards, cello, flute, English horn, oboe, percussion, and Chapman Stick (a stringed instrument that combines the ranges of the guitar and bass). Throughout, the tunes are played in an even-tempered manner that is, while often sprightly in tempo, light and soothing. The instrumentation seems carefully chosen to smooth out the music's more animated edges, making the proceedings just right for drifting off to sleep. Even classical music neophytes will be familiar with Beethoven's "Fur Elise" and "Moonlight Sonata," but less well known pieces such as Smetana's "The Moldau" (a gentle waltz with a slight ethnic flavor), and Mendelssohn's jaunty "Spring Song" contribute equally to the prevailing sense of tranquility.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 195 ratings.
Based on 195 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE