Lee Morgan The Cooker
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Blue Note Records
- 1.A Night in Tunisia
- 2.Heavy Dipper
- 3.Just One of Those Things
- 4.Lover Man
- 6.Just One of Those Things - (alternate take)
Personnel: Lee Morgan (trumpet); Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone); Bobby Timmons (piano); Paul Chambers (bass instrument); Philly Joe Jones (drum).
Lee Morgan was a tender 19-year-old when he recorded 1957's THE COOKER for Blue Note. While Morgan wouldn't truly hit his stride until a few years after this release, his duties as leader here are mighty impressive, nonetheless. A stellar personnel line-up that includes drummer Philly Joe Jones, bassist Paul Chambers, pianist Bobby Timmons, and baritone saxophonist Pepper Adams keeps the musicianship at a remarkably high caliber, and the ensemble's performance on standards like "A Night in Tunisia" and "Just One of Those Things" sizzle, as do their takes on Morgan's two originals. THE COOKER isn't a landmark release, but it is a very solid hard-bop outing that showcases dynamic group chemistry and the formative first steps of Morgan's dazzling trumpet chops.
Groovin' High: The Ultimate Trumpet Collection (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE