Jackie McLean Demon's Dance [RVG Edition]
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.09 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 18, 2006
- Label: Blue Note Records
- 1.Demon's Dance
- 3.Boo Ann's Grand
- 4.Sweet Love Of Mine
- 6.Message From Trane
This is part of Blue Note's Collector's Choice series. These are limited-edition pressings of a few thousand copies.
Personnel: Jackie McLean (alto saxophone); Jackie McLean; Scott Holt (bass instrument); Woody Shaw (trumpet); LaMont Johnson (piano); Jack DeJohnette (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Rudy Van Gelder.
Liner Note Authors: Leonard Feather; Bob Blumenthal.
Recording information: Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ (12/22/1967).
Photographer: Francis Wolff.
The late alto saxophonist Jackie McLean had one of the most distinctive sounds in jazz history--fluid and bittersweet, with an impassioned "cry" at its heart. McLean made several classic albums for Blue Note in the 1960s, with DEMON'S DANCE arriving in 1967, near the end of his time with the label. While not as well known as his other albums, DANCE exhibits some excellent bristling, surging hard bop, much of which features trumpeter Woody Shaw--most notably on the indelible, infectious would-be hit "Sweet Love of Mine."
Prestige Profiles (Plus Bonus CD, Volume 6) (2-CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE