From Here to Eternity
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.77 (25% Off)|
- Audio Commentary
- Featurette: The Making of From Here To Eternity
- Excerpt from "Fred Zinnemann: As I See It"
- Theatrical Trailers
- Audio: English, French, Spanish & Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono- English
- Dolby Digital Mono- French
- Dolby Digital Mono- Portuguese
- Dolby Digital Mono- Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Tim Zinneman- Son of Director, Alvin Sargent- Featured Actor
- Making 0f FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
- EXCERPTS FROM FRED ZINNEMAN- AS I SEE IT
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
- Production Notes
- Talent Files
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed & Frank Sinatra|
|Performer:||Philip Ober, Jack Warden, Mickey Shaughnessy & Ernest Borgnine|
|Directed by||Fred Zinnemann|
|Edited by||William A. Lyon|
|Screenwriting by||Daniel Taradash|
|Composition by||George Duning|
|Art Direction by||Cary Odell|
|Produced by||Buddy Adler|
|Director of Photography:||Burnett Guffey|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...[It] remains incredibly potent stuff..."
"...[A] solidly built drama of bully politics and discontent in the US army just before Pearl Harbor..."
"Rapturously received from the moment it was released in 1953, FROM HERE TO ETERNITY remains, half a century later, a singular cinematic experience, one of the landmarks of American film."
4 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's a leisurely but classy mix of romance, army politics and Hollywood heroism."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Winner of eight Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Supporting Actor (Frank Sinatra), From Here To Eternity provided truly career-defining roles for Frank Sinatra, as Prewitt's buddy, and Donna Reed (It's A Wonderful Life), as a not-so-wholesome "club hostess."
- The Columbia TriStar special edition video #80693 is part of a limited edition Academy Awards sell through package that comes with a free copy of "Oscar's Greatest Moments," a classic collection of some of the most memorable moments from Oscar telecasts.
- Contract player Aldo Ray was the original choice for Prewitt by Columbia Studio chief Harry Cohn, but Fred Zinnemann and novelist James Jones wanted Montgomery Clift.
- Filmed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
- The film's technical consultant was Retired Brigadier General Kendall J. Fielder, Ret.
- Additional cast: Merle Travis (Sal Anderson), Arthur Keegan (Treadwell), Douglas Henderson (Corporal Champ Wilson), and John Bryant (Captain Ross).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 114 ratings.
This is one of my favorite world war II movies. I don't like war movies,but this is one of the best. Burt Lancaster is a fine actor. And I also like "old blues eyes" himself. He was excellent as " Magio". There's alot of rising stars in this movie. I have the movie,and I watch it over and over again. Check it out. I think you you will enjoy it.
- Sales Rank: 28,337
- UPC: 043396053199
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- Our Lady of Fatima (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Graduate (Decades Collection) (Includes CD) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Stuck in Love (Blu-ray + DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- That Night (DVD-R) ~ $10.44 on SALE
- Zamboanga (1937) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.