Ayreon Into The Electric Castle (Special Edition) (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 4, 2004
- Label: Inside Out U.S.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Welcome to the New Dimension
- 2.Isis and Osiris: Let The Journey Begin / The Hall Of Isis And Osiris / Strange Conversation / Reprise
- 3.Amazing Flight: Amazing Flight In Space / Stardance / Flying Colours
- 4.Time Beyond Time
- 5.Decision Tree, The (We're Alive)
- 6.Tunnel of Light
- 7.Across the Rainbow Bridge
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Garden of Emotions: In The Garden Of Emotions / Voices In The Sky / The Aggression Factor
- 2.Valley of the Queens
- 3.The Castle Hall
- 4.Tower of Hope
- 5.Cosmic Fusion: Soar On The Breeze / Death's Grunt / The Passing Of An Eagle
- 6.The Mirror Maze: Through The Mirror
- 7.Evil Devolution
- 8.The Two Gates
- 9.Forever of the Stars
- 10.Another Time, Another Space
This release includes bonus CD-Rom tracks.
Ayreon: Arjen Anthony Lucassen (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, Mellotron, keyboards, mini-Moog synthesizer, bass guitar).
Additional personnel: Fish (vocals); Thijs van Leer (flute); Clive Nolan (synthesizer).
Into the Electric Castle is an epic prog rock opera from Dutch guitarist Arjen Lucassen. The sci-fi story centers around eight strangers brought together into a dimension of no space and no time. The characters in the story are played by varying lead singers, including former Marillion frontman Fish. The supporting cast is a who's who of proggers, which translates into superb musicianship. The story is standard sci-fi fare, but winds up being quite effective with the accompanying score. The massive coordination of such a large project is admirable, but to pull it off with such impressive results is stunning. There are some moments that work better than others, but in sum this an energetic, fun, and original recording. There is a plethora of styles incorporated here, including progressive rock, progressive metal, neo-prog, fusion, space rock, jazz, folk, and classical. This campy classic helped to spawn a devout cult following for Ayreon and the man behind the music, Arjen Lucassen. ~ Robert Taylor
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!