by Various Artists
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.56 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 22, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Atlantic
Rolling Stone - 7/14/94, p.1043 Stars - Good - "...the album offers more of a twist of the radio dial (on the alternative side) than any coherent enjoyment..."
- 1.Burn - The Cure
- 2.Golotha Tenement Blues - Machines of Loving Grace
- 3.Big Empty - Stone Temple Pilots
- 4.Dead Souls - Nine Inch Nails
- 5.Darkness - Rage Against the Machine
- 6.Color Me Once - Violent Femmes
- 7.Ghost Rider - Rollins Band
- 8.Milquetoast - Helmet
- 9.Badge, The - Pantera
- 10.Slipe Slide Melting - For Love Not Lisa
- 11.After the Flesh - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
- 12.Snakedriver - The Jesus and Mary Chain
- 13.Time Baby III - Medicine
- 14.It Can't Rain All the Time - Jane Siberry
Producers include: Robert Smith & Bryan "Chuck" New, Machines Of Loving Grace, Brendan O'Brien, Trent Reznor, Rage Against The Machine.
Engineers include: Bryan "Chuck" New, Nick Didia, Trent Reznor.
Personnel: Gordon Gano (vocals, guitar, violin); Robert Smith (vocals, guitar); Victor de Lorenzo (vocals, drums); Elizabeth Fraser , Zack de la Rocha, Brian Ritchie (vocals); Perry Bamonte (guitar, keyboards); Stuart Kupers, Page Hamilton, Tom Morello (guitar); Djivan Gasparyan (duduk); Brad Kemp, John Stanier, Boris Williams, Brad Wilk (drums); Brian Williams (programming).
Audio Mixers: Theo Van Rock; Matt Hyde ; Roli Mosimann; Vinnie Paul; Brendan O'Brien ; Buzz McCoy.
Audio Remixer: Robin Guthrie.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Djivan Gasparyan; Robin Guthrie.
Like his father, kung fu master Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee's untimely death was shrouded in controversy and mystery. Again like his father, Brandon Lee's death catapulted him into the realm of myth before THE CROW was even completed.
What remains is a movie shrouded in its own myths and ambiguities, a post-modern comic book anti-hero brought to life in a gothic noir world of vengeance and peril. The atmospheric menace of THE CROW has been compared favorably to the first BATMAN movie, but for fans of movie soundtracks, THE CROW soars miles above its competition.
Because this is a rock and roll soundtrack that rings out with powerful snippets of tunes by some of the leading lights on the alternative scene, and functions as a powerful rock compilation in its own right. Nine Inch Nails' "Dead Souls" perfectly captures the tone of an anti-hero back from the dead to seek revenge, while the Cure's "Burn" and the Violent Femmes' "Color Me Once" impart a moody spiritual character to Brandon Lee's enigmatic hero. As for the more visceral action sequences, Rollins Band's "Ghostrider," Helmet's "Milktoast" and (especially) Pantera's "The Badge" provide an appropriately manic edge to fill out THE CROW's persona.
SoundtrackDracula 2000 (Music from the Dimension Motion Picture)
SoundtrackThe Matrix [Music From and Inspired by the Motion Picture]
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 84 ratings.
Based on 84 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Soundtracks genre:
- John Carpenter / Alan Howarth Big Trouble In Little China (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~ $49.95
- Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey When You Believe (from "The Prince Of Egypt") [2-Track CD Single] ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Soundtrack Amadeus (2 LP) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Jay Chattaway Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~ $26.98 on SALE
- Soundtrack From Dusk Til Dawn [Original Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE