Daryle Singletary That's Why I Sing This Way
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 23, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Audium Entertainment
- 1.Love's Gonna Live Here Again
- 2.Walk Through This World With Me
- 3.I'd Love To Lay You Down
- 5.Long Black Veil
- 7.That's Why I Sing This Way
- 8.I Never Go Around Mirrors
- 9.Dim Lights, Thick Smoke (And Loud, Loud Music)
- 10.Make Up And faded Blue Jeans
- 11.After The Fire Is Gone - (with Rhonda Vincent)
- 12.Old Violin - (with Johnny Paycheck)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Daryle Singletary, Merle Haggard, Rhonda Vincent, John Wesley Ryles, George Jones, Dwight Yoakam (vocals); Johnny Paycheck (spoken vocals); Danny Parks (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Mike Johnson (steel guitar); Joe Caverlee (mandolin, fiddle); Terry McMillan (harmonica); Catherine Styron (piano, organ); Glen Worf (bass); Paul Leim (drums); Darrin Vincent, Greg Cole (background vocals).
Engineers include: Kevin Beamish, Tony Green, Greg Cole.
Recorded at Soundstage, Nashville, Tennessee and Colemine Studios, Smyrna,
Personnel: Merle Haggard (vocals); Danny Parks (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Joe Caverlee (mandolin, fiddle); Terry McMillan (harmonica); Catherine Styron (piano); Paul Leim (drums); Darrin Vincent, Gregory Cole, Rhonda Vincent (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Gregory Cole.
Recording information: Colemine Studios, Smyrna, TN; Soundstage Studios, Nashville, TN.
Photographers: Nancy Lee Andrews; Judy Mock.
What do names like Buck Owens, George Jones, Conway Twitty, and Johnny Paycheck have in common besides being the rulers of traditional country music? They all have songs they originally recorded included on this exciting mix of country lore from the expressive baritone Daryle Singletary. Singletary's first album in two years brings tradition back into the spotlight with an album of mostly covers by such classic artists as Owens, Jones, Lefty Frizzell, and Merle Haggard. But what gives the album its appeal are the harmony and background vocal guests -- Dwight Yoakam, bluegrass queen Rhonda Vincent, and Jones himself on his 1967 hit, "Walk Through This World With Me." The 12-track collection is like an ode to the '60s when the Bakersfield sound dominated country music. ~ Maria Konicki Dinoia
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE