Thin Lizzy Jailbreak (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Thin Lizzy ~ Black Rose [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD) ~ $27.89
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: January 24, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Island / Mercury
Rolling Stone - p.744 stars out of 5 -- "The title blast, the hit single 'The Boys Are Back in Town' and the riff-warrior battle 'Emerald' are Lynott and Lizzy at their swaggering peak..."
Spin - p.80"[F]rontman Phil Lynott was a nonpareil figure...delivering dexterous Allman Brothers guitar harmonies with Kiss-like swagger."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.963 stars out of 5 -- "JAILBREAK broke the band internationally and, as such, is packed with classics..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Jailbreak (remixed Version)
- 2.The Boys Are Back In Town (remixed Version)
- 3.Jailbreak Bbc Session (12 / 02 / 1976)
- 4.Emerald Bbc Session (12 / 02 / 1976)
- 5.Cowboy Song Bbc Session (12 / 02 / 1976)
- 6.The Warrior Bbc Session (12 / 02 / 1976)
- 7.Fight Or Fall (extended Version - Rough Mix)
- 8.Blues Boy (unreleased Studio Track)
- 9.Derby Blues (eraly Version - The Cowboy Song)
- 10.Blues Boy
- 11.Derby Blues [Early Live Version of Cowboy Song] [Live]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Thin Lizzy: Phil Lynott (vocals, bass); Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson (guitar); Brian Downey (drums).
Personnel: Brian Robertson (vocals, guitar); Phil Lynott (vocals, acoustic guitar); Scott Gorham (guitar); Brian Downey (drums, percussion).
Audio Remasterers: Matt Wortham; Andy Pearce.
Audio Remixer: Ronan McHugh.
Liner Note Author: Derek Oliver.
Recording information: Ramport Studios, London.
Photographers: Gary Hart; Barry Plummer; Peter Nielsen.
Thin Lizzy were not true heavy metal perpetrators; more accurately, out-and-out rockers with a feeling for pop. The late Phil Lynott has a growing core of younger fans, as word is passed down that even though he had his demons he was an outstanding performer. This is their best studio album and it contains two classics; "The Boys Are Back In Town" and the title track. Both spit and crackle, bass and lead guitar burst out of the speaker at loud volume, and throughout, the gentle, laconic voice of Lynott delivers his poetry. Don't allow his death to see Thin Lizzy fade from the memory.
Rockthology - Hard 'n' Heavy, Volumes 5 & 6 (2-DVD)(3)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE