School of Rock [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 30, 2003
- Label: Atlantic
Q - 4/04, p.1243 stars out of 5 - "[C]osy nostalgia..."
Uncut - 3/04, p.964 stars out of 5 - "[A]ny record featuring T.Rex's 'Ballroom of Mars' undoubtedly has its lizard-leather boots on and its diamond hands stacked with roses when the moon sings. Now that's an education."
- 1.School Of Rock - School Of Rock
- 2.Your Head And Your Mind And Your Brain - (film excerpt)
- 3.Substitute - The Who
- 4.Fight - No Vacancy
- 5.Touch Me - The Doors
- 6.I Pledge Allegiance To The Band... - (film excerpt)
- 7.Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
- 8.Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
- 9.Set You Free - The Black Keys
- 10.Edge Of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks
- 11.Heal Me, I'm Heartsick - No Vacancy
- 12.Growing On Me - The Darkness
- 13.Ballrooms Of Mars - T. Rex
- 14.Those Who Can Do... - (film excerpt)
- 15.My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg) - The Ramones
- 16.T.V. Eye - Wylde Rattz
- 17.It's A Long Way To The Top - School Of Rock
Original score composed by Craig Wedren.
Producers: Jack Black, Richard Linklater, Randall Poster, Scott Rudin.
SCHOOL OF ROCK was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Film/TV/Visual Media.
Personnel: Jack Black (vocals).
As with Tenacious D, Jack Black takes the seed of cutting-edge comedy and waters it with the bravado and bombast of classic rock in his role as a gonzo substitute teacher in the Richard Linklater film SCHOOL OF ROCK. The soundtrack is as equally clever in its compilation of tracks, thanks to hands-on participation by album producers Black and Linklater. The former also gets behind the mike with the SCHOOL OF ROCK band made up of "students" from the movie, who deliver the originally written anthemic title cut with a combination of harmonies and howling vocals.
SOR also toddles through a cover of AC/DC's classic "It's a Long Way to the Top" that, somewhat sadly, lacks the trademark bagpipe solo. AOR fans can sink their teeth into songs by the Doors ("Touch Me"), Led Zeppelin ("Immigrant Song"), and the Who ("Substitute") sandwiched around lesser-known nuggets by T. Rex (the Ziggy-like "Ballrooms of Mars") and the Ramones (an ultra-catchy "My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down"). Toss in the supergroup of Don Fleming, Thurston Moore, Steve Shelley, Mark Arm, Mike Watt, and Ron Asheton (aka Wylde Rattz) ripping through the Stooges' Molotov cocktail "T.V. Eye" and SCHOOL OF ROCK gets a gold star.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.31 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 95 ratings.
Based on 95 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE