- Released: February 9, 1999
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.I Could Not Ask For More - Edwin McCain
- 2.No Mermaid - Sinead Lohan
- 3.Let Me Let Go - Faith Hill
- 4.I Will Know Your Love - Beth Nielsen Chapman
- 5.Only Lonely - Hootie & The Blowfish
- 6.Don't - Yve & Adam
- 7.Carolina - Sheryl Crow
- 8.I Love You - Sarah McLachlan
- 9.Fallen Angels - Marc Cohn
- 10.Somewhere In The Middle - Nine Sky Wonder
- 11.What Will I Do - Clannad
- 12.I'll Still Love You Then - Anna Nordell
- 13.One More Time - Laura Pausini
- 14.Theresa & Garret - Gabriel Yared
- 15.Message In A Bottle - Gabriel Yared
- 16.Dear Catherine - Gabriel Yared
Original music composed by Gabriek Yared.
Producers include: Matt Serletic, Malcolm Burn, David Foster, Carmen Rizzo,
Personnel: Edwin McCain , Sarah McLachlan (vocals, acoustic guitar); Marc Cohn (vocals, steel guitar); Susan Cowsill (vocals); Chris Bruce, Colin Green, Dean Parks, Mitch Dalton, Bill Dillon, Bob Thiele (guitar); Larry Chaney (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Brett Garsed (acoustic guitar); Jon Herrington, Michael Thompson (electric guitar); Rolf Wilson, Rachel Purkin, Joel Derouin, Bruce Dukov, Kenneth Sillito, Jonathan Yudkin (violin); Robert Becker (viola); Suzie Katayama, Larry Corbett (cello); Kenny White (piano, background vocals); Pierre Marchand (keyboards, drum machine); Jamie Muhoberac, Kevin Savigar, Annie Roboff, Barry Walsh, David Foster (keyboards); Tony Garnier (acoustic bass); Dave Harrison (drums, percussion); Andrew Scheps, Carmen Rizzo (drums, programming); Matt Chamberlain, Shawn Pelton (drums); Richard Page, Charlotte Caffey (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chris Fogel; David Leonard ; David Thoener; Don Gehman; Doug Trantow; Humberto Gatica; Mick Guzauski; Andy Wallace; Pierre Marchand; Rob Eaton; Steve MacMillan; Tchad Blake; Carmen Rizzo.
Recording information: Chartmaker Studios; Clouet Street Studio, New Orleans, LA; Larrabee Studios, Los A; Tree Sound Studios, Atlanta, GA.
Arrangers: Matt Serletic; David Foster.
The premise of this film--Robin Wright Penn finds a message in a bottle and tracks down its author, Kevin Costner--may be on the slim side, but the unabashedly romantic feelings it conjures up are perfectly complemented by the emotive, widescreen love songs that make up the soundtrack album. From the spare, wistful ballads of Lilith Fair vets Sheryl Crow ("Carolina") and Sarah McLachlan ("I Love You") to the soft, silky R&B of Faith Hill ("Let Me Let Go") this album is full of honest expressions of heartfelt emotion. On the more upbeat side, there's the syncopated pop of Beth Nielsen Chapman ("I Will Know Your Love") and Edwin McCain's big-as-the-open-plains "I Could Not Ask For More."